Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Anyone having issues with payments downloading and/or deposits not registering?

Anyone having issues with payments downloading and/or deposits not registering? My Capital One has stopped downloading payments since October - worked prior. I have two other accounts with issues too...a local credit union and Wells Fargo.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tvenetis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, aside from being unable to download transactions, are you receiving any error codes and/or messages when running a One Step Update? The more information you can provide, the better we can assist you further.

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
  • tvenetis
    tvenetis Member
    R30.14
  • tvenetis
    tvenetis Member
    sorry, and no error codes received.
  • Hello @tvenetis

Thank you for the updates on the issue. I'm wondering if we might also be having issues if were were to try downloading in a test file. This will help us figure out if it's specific to the file or if we're having issues connecting in general. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. Let us know what you're able to find out!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• tvenetis
    tvenetis Member
    The test file downloaded properly.
  • @tvenetis

Thanks for the update. If that's the case then let's try this to see if in the main file we're able to get it working then. I'll leave steps down below.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once we've deactivated all the accounts we're going to add the accounts as if they're new accounts. 

Across the top select tools > add account.
    Select capital one and sign in when prompted. Once you're signed in you should receive a screen that'll ask what you would like to do with the accounts. It should give you the option to link them back to the correct accounts. 

Once you've done this see if we're able to get your accounts going again. If not we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• tvenetis
    tvenetis Member
    What's next?
  • Jeff Kravin
    Jeff Kravin Member ✭✭
    FWIW, I have been having the same issue since the last update (I think 30.14). I have 11 accounts at 6 institutions. The whole One Step Update window changed - before, for each account, it would go through a series of status steps: Connecting, Sending, Receiving, Ready for (...) and Processing Response. Now it just goes straight to Processing Data with the arrow alternating up and down, and then the window disappears. I did not had a transaction download for a couple of days. Today, I went to the most active of my accounts online directly and did a manual export from the bank's website. There were a handful of transactions that had not been downloaded by Quicken.

I am in the process of disabling/re-enabling downloads for each of my 11 accounts. What a hassle. So far I have not seen a new updated transaction, except the handful from my most active account.
  • Jeff Kravin
    Jeff Kravin Member ✭✭
    I completed De-activating/Re-activating Download Transactions for all my accounts. The One Step Update status window appears and behaves as before. At this point I am not sure I have any new transactions, so I will update this topic when I know that it is either working again or not working. Note: there was no error given when Quicken was not downloading transactions.
  • I had the same problem for maybe a month as well. After calls to Quicken and my bank, VyStar Credit Union, and only the acknowledgement there was a known problem, I waited for someone to get back to me. Finally last Saturday, 12/5, after Quicken updated to R30.14, everything started working again, except Direct Deposits into our 2 checking accounts. Payments and deposits download, but not Direct Deposits. Hope this is a similar experience with someone.
  • Jeff Kravin
    Jeff Kravin Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Well over the last 24 hours I transferred money back and forth between two of my credit union accounts, and all seems well with those accounts. However, my Capital One Visa account now gets an error when doing a One Step Update. Quicken now says I have to re-authorize my account at Cap One. When I do so, it asks if I want to authorize my account (and gives me identification of the account). When I click Authorize, it then tells me it can't find the account.

[removed - off-topic/rant]

I don't even know if Update works with my other accounts - it seems it won't get past my Cap One account, and I do not have new charges on those accounts at the moment anyway.