Fidelity Sync Issues

I really wish I had know about all the sync issues before paying for this product. It is a hit or miss when trying to sync with my bank accounts. Seems to happen every time I get an update from Quicken the sync stops work properly. Now I cannot enter transactions manually.

If only I could get my money back...

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pierreharrison

Sorry to hear that you're having problems connecting with and downloading account activity.

On your comment If only "I could get my money back..." - there is a 30 day refund policy for new subscriptions.

Regarding the general comment about synching - if you can give us some more specific information about the types of accounts and error codes you are seeing, as well as the versions of Quicken & windows that you are running, we will do our best to try to help you.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • I wish it would throw an error code. It would help me track things down.

The issue is my Fidelity Bank account synced the payments, but did not sync the deposits. For a week no transactions synced, then they started again so I manually entered the missing week. Now I try and manually enter a deposit, and it will not let me - just disappears when I hit enter.

Windows 10 and Quicken 2020 latest release.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please do TOOLS,  Account List and tell us the name of the Financial Institution for this account as shown there.
    There are a LOT of FIs that are known as "Fidelity".
    Also, are you using the Q Mobile  App or  Q on the Web?  Both of those are known  to cause desktop tile problem when you synch to/from them.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @pierreharrison ,

This could be a long-shot, but can let's give it a try...

1) open the register for the account you are having problems with;
    2) go to the top of the screen and click on the "Reset" button;
    3 next, click on the little triangle (or arrow) next to the "Date" field a couple of times until the arrow is pointing up;
    4) now page down to until you get to the bottom of the register.

Do you see the manual deposit that seemed to disappear?

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • This morning I did the sync and ended up with a negative '000 balance. Deleted the account completely and added it back again. I was asked to verify the balance during set up and it was correct. When the transactions loaded, they stop at 10/2.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @pierreharrison,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that continue to experience trouble.

When the transactions loaded, they stop at 10/2.
    If you don't mind, could you please clarify what you meant by "the transactions 'stop' at 10/2"? Would that be the date of the most recent transaction that was downloaded, or is that the date of the 1st transaction that downloaded (aka where the account now starts in Quicken)?

Please, check back and let us know! 
    -Quicken Anja
  • The transactions downloaded from Fidelity bank account that I use on a daily basis to pay bills etc. stop on 10/2. Said another way, no transactions for the rest of October, November and now December are downloading.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pierreharrison,

Can you tell us the connection method for your Fidelity bank account?  To find it:

1) open the account register in Quicken;
    2) click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) select "Edit account details" and then click on the "online Services" tab;
    4) what does it say in the "Online Setup " box after "Connection Method:"?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

• I am using Direct Connect.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks for that.  Let's try an account reset.  

First make a backup of your Quicken file.  Then, go back to the same page where you located the connection method above.  Click on the "Reset Account" button > enter your account password, and then click "OK".  Then try the download again.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• Thanks - Did as suggested and when nothing changed I tried an one step update. Transactions still end at 10/2. I appreciate the help
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets try one more thing.  Instead of using the One Step Update - try updating just that one account. 

1) open that account register in Quicken;
    2) click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) select "Update Now";
    4) enter your password and click on the "Update Now" button.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• No change unfortunately
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so that only additional thing I can think of is for you to try validating your data file.  Here are the instructions for that - however, make sure that you backup your Quicken data file first.  Here's the LINK,

If that doesn't work, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support using this LINK.

Once again, let me know how things go, or if you have any questions.

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    @pierreharrison

One additional question - where do you keep your Quicken data file?  Is it on your hard drive?  where exactly?

Frankx