Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to enter additional passcode required by Bank of America to download transactions?

Bank of America is requiring 2 level security to download transactions. Quicken prompts me to select the phone to receive a text with the passcode, but then Quicken does not provide a screen to enter the passcode and Quicken attempts to download transactions, which of course errors out.
How do I get around this?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @schraub,

I can't tell for sure why you aren't getting a window in Quicken to enter the 2FA code, but one way to be able to download BOA transactions would be to go to the bank's website and deactivate 2FA there.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @schraub,

I can't tell for sure why you aren't getting a window in Quicken to enter the 2FA code, but one way to be able to download BOA transactions would be to go to the bank's website and deactivate 2FA there.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -