Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bill & Income Reminders / Estimate amount for me / Current credit card balance: BROKEN

rgumpertz
rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
I just noticed that all my Bill & Income Reminders that were set for" Estimate amount for me" = "Current credit card balance" have reverted to OFF.  Whenever I change them back to "Current credit card balance", it updates the amount appropriately and then reverts to OFF again.

Anybody else having this issue?

This appears to have been broken quite  recently (I'm using QW HB & RP Subscription R30.14) so I hope it can be fixed easily!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

For what its worth, I'm not able to reproduce the issue on R30.10.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try recreating the misbehaving reminders.  There was an issue a while back where the Edit Bill Reminder window would indicate the estimate was OFF when it was actually ON.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    R30.14
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am on version R30.14 and also cannot replicate the behavior.  I have reminders set for both current balance and average of previous payments and all seem to be functioning correctly.  I assume that your reminders are not linked to corresponding Online Bills because linking does defeat the estimating functions.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    Correct, I am not using linking to bills
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    Windows Reboot didn't help
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    Validate didn't help either
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    If you haven't already, I suggest you try recreating the misbehaving reminders.  There was an issue a while back where the Edit Bill Reminder window would indicate the estimate was OFF when it was actually ON.
    Have you tried creating new reminders to see if they will retain the settings?  I have changed the estimate method for several of my reminders and don't have the issue.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just created a new reminder with "Estimate amount for me" = "Current credit card balance".  I immediately opened it and it had reverted to OFF.

BTW, All of the existing reminders had been working for years.  Without any editing on my part, they changed to OFF and the amount showing was no longer correct.  Sigh.

• rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    As of this morning, (at least some of) the estimates seem to be working even though they are still listed as OFF.  Weird!
  • danrose03
    danrose03 Unconfirmed, Member
    I am also experiencing this same issue with some of my credit cards, and have been for about a month. It worked fine prior to then. Version R30.14, build 27.1.30.14