Memorized Payee List almost all last used dates are 2020-11-30

i have the option set in the memorized payee list to delete entries that haven't been used in 12 months. I was looking at the list and wondering why some items weren't deleted. I noticed that almost all of the payees had a last used date of 2020-11-30. For many of these payees, this date is clearly wrong.

How could this have happened?

I am running Windows 10 x64 v2004 and currently Quicken Premier 27.1.30.14.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my case it seemed to jump up following and EWC download to my one EWC-connected Account in Quicken.  Almost all of my last used dates changed to 11/14/20.  You might also look at the Categories associated with your memorized payees; in my case many Categories ended up missing.
    My take-away from this event: don't use EWC, don't sync.
  • pls
    pls Member ✭✭✭
    What's EWC?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I can't say decisively, I believe the MPL date change corresponds to the date you run a Quicken version update. I've never had memorized payees drop off as expect since the dates seem to mysteriously change to a more recent time, even though I know I've not used that payee.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • pls
    pls Member ✭✭✭
    Looking at the Quicken program directory, the most recently modified files are a very large set of executable file modified on 2020-11-26. This doesn't match the last used dates in the MPL. I'll check very carefully the next time I get a version update.

However, acting on a guess, I found that validating the file or rebuilding the MPL list both changes all the last used dates to the current date and set "Show on Calendar" for every entry. Very ugly. I never knew that file validation was destructive.

How do I report this bug?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    pls said:
    Looking at the Quicken program directory, the most recently modified files are a very large set of executable file modified on 2020-11-26. This doesn't match the last used dates in the MPL. I'll check very carefully the next time I get a version update.

If you have automatic backups set to ON, there should be a backup file that was generated on the date of your last version upgrade.  The file name will include the version number prior to the update and the date & time of the backup.

I checked my MPL and all last used dates predate my last version upgrade which was 12/4/2020 for R30.14.  I have preferences set to delete payees not used in 16 mos but some of my payees indicate they have not been used since 2014.  Go figure.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Smoothieusa
    Smoothieusa Member ✭✭✭
    Just fyi, very similar MPL issue also raised in Quicken Community forum at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883046/memorized-payee-list#latest

Here's a link to a Quicken Community thread with a post by UKR providing a potential solution: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884297/maintenance-cleanup-column-is-missing#latest

Trying UKR's suggested solution now. I reworked (deleted payees that appeared after 2 decades since last use, removed the calendar checkmark that Q (not me) recently entered, and general housekeeping) my MPL following UKR's listed steps. One early result is I needed to reset cloud file data after getting a desktop / cloud sync error message listing sync errors involving numerous transactions from current and prior years. Very frustrating but seems to sync now after cloud reset with one sync error message - something about an incorrect budget parameter. Need a few days to determine results. Quicken Support needs to get in here with a solution and fix.
  • pls
    pls Member ✭✭✭
    I have a backup with the file name
    PLS-2020-11-28.PM07.06-R-29.22.QDF-backup
    so the update was done 11-28. That doesn't match the dates in the MPL, but I can reproduce that a file validate changes the last used dates and sets "show on calendar" for almost everything.