Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Price per Share of Some Mutual Funds Not Downloading from Fidelity

I recently set up my Fidelity accounts to download to quicken. The transactions are downloading, but some of the mutual funds do not update the closing price of the fund each day. Instead, a value of $1.00 per share is assigned. Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @megerkev1,

For those funds, I would suggest that you check the ticker symbols that you have in Quicken.  Go to > "Tools" > "Security List" > then page down and make sure that those mutual funds have the correct symbols in the "Symbol" column.  You can check them against your mutual fund statement or against the Fidelity website.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Ar you running your Fidelity portfolio, in Q, in "Simple Investing" mode.  The problem that you describe HAS been associated with this new "simple{" mode.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chappy
    Chappy Member ✭✭
    sry to hijack this question but, is it possible to request quicken to add a security symbol if it has no listing or do you have to manually insert it and then always manually adjust price ?
  • RalphS
    RalphS Member ✭✭
    As Frankx suggests you should check your fund code and make sure it is set up right. You can do a Symbol Search under the Security detail and if you type in the code you should see it if it is there. . I believe Quicken get the fund updates from Cannex and they have an extensive list of Fidelity funds. You can check this site to see if yours is included, but as you will see the list of Fidelity funds is extensive. https://www.cannex.com/public/fund01e.html
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chappy,

Unfortunately, you can't request Quicken to add a security symbol for an investment not already included in the Quicken database.  The only option would be to add it to your datafile and, yes, you will need to update it's price yourself.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Mark S
    Mark S Member
    I reloaded 2020. Reloaded all my Merrill and Fidelity accounts. Merrill is fine. Fidelity loads many of the shares/funds at $1 and not the actual price.
    Why
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Mark S,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if this previous discussion helps resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~