Unable to Back up to Network Drive?

This started with Version R30.14, build 27.1.30.14
Unable to write to Drive M is the error message.
Quicken is able to "see" the network drives and can probably restore from the network drive, though I haven't tried it. However, since this last update I get the error message above. (I established the drive M, but even if I try backing up to the network entry and not the mapped drive I get the same problem, though with different wording.)
I've had to back up daily to the local drive and move it over to the network drive.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I successful backup to a NAS daily. The version update is not the issue. I recall experiencing a similar issue (many releases ago) that did clear itself up. I would suggest rebooting if you haven't yet. If that doesn't resolve it, you might want to remap the drive.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • michael7572
    michael7572 Member ✭✭
    I rebooted, no change. I deleted and remapped. No change. Quicken can "see" the network drive. I can restore from the network drive. It just won't see the drive when I try to back up. I even did a validate and repair. No change. For me this happened with the last release. Your mileage may differ.
    I really need a solution. My current work-around, to copy to local and then move the file to the network drive, will get tired very soon.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried reselecting the desired backup location in Quicken? I remember doing that on more than one occasion. Otherwise you can verify/edit the location in the QUSER file. 

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • michael7572
    michael7572 Member ✭✭
    Yes I did. I can see the network drive and I can select it but when it comes to backups it won't work. As for the QUSER file, under backups this is what I see (edited)
    BackupPath3=\\WD*******\M******\Quicken\Quicken 2019 Backups\ (I didn't create a 2020 Backups folder, because, well...2020)
    BackupPath2=M:\Quicken\Quicken 2019 Backups\
    BackupPath1=C:\Users\M****\Google Drive\Transfer\

The Google Drive is the one that works, and I have to manually move the file over to the M drive after it's done. BackupPath2 and 3 are where I'd like the file to go. Both are correct as far as network access, one being the mapped drive M and the other simply being the discovered path unmapped. Both used to work until that last update.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try reaching out to support to see if they can resolve.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
  • tonyb123
    tonyb123 Member ✭✭
    As a stupid workaround you can backup and then use SecondCopy to watch the file and then automagically move/copy the file to your GDrive. Not great but it gets the job done.