Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Investing Dashboard Bug

Quicken is reporting exactly twice the # of shares in the Investing Dashboard for one of my investments (VTI). All my other investments are shown correctly in the Investing Dashboard.

All investments are shown correctly everywhere else in Quicken, thus it's not a big problem, but it should be corrected. See attached (using fictitious shares data).

Thanks! I love Quicken! :)
God bless you and your precious families - Langston

Answers

• ellyenne
    ellyenne Member ✭✭
    My investment dashboard doesn't look like yours, so probably a different version and this may not have anything to do with it. But, I have 2 suggestions about remotely possible sources of error:
    1. Stock Splits - are not automatically entered from downloads, nor are the correctly entered when "upgrading" versions. I commonly have problems with missing shares after stock splits, and I had to completely rebuild the history of a dozen stocks when I moved from Q2007 to Q2020. The total $ value may be the same, but not the total # of shares.
    2. Bonds. moving from Q2007 to Q2020, converted all my bonds to some freaky version of accounting - standardizing the number of shares to 100 so that the pricing is "easier" to deal with. Had to fix a lot of them. So, as a precaution, I've changed all my investments marked as bonds to "other" so Q keeps actual share numbers and prices.
    Either of these may be part of the problem. Or not. Q2007 used to have a "reindex" that would clean out database errors. Have not been able to find it in Q2020, but that may help.
  • Langston Holland
    Langston Holland Member ✭✭
    edited January 20
    The latest version of Quicken Windows Subscription as of 20 Jan 2021 fixed the issue. All security values are now reporting correctly in the Investing Dashboard. : )
    God bless you and your precious families - Langston
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Oops. Sorry!  I didn't read your last post, until after I posted mine.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.