Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why can't I add an account?

For the last two weeks I've been trying to add an account, but get a message that Quicken's online service is unavailable. Please try again in 10 minutes.
What's going on here?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The rather non-obvious way to get rid of the "try again in 10 minutes" message is to log out and back in to your Quicken account.
    Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    Click "Sign in as a different user". Sign out and back in with the same credentials.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The rather non-obvious way to get rid of the "try again in 10 minutes" message is to log out and back in to your Quicken account.
    Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    Click "Sign in as a different user". Sign out and back in with the same credentials.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • jerz-joe
    jerz-joe Member
    I started to receive this message yesterday when I tried to set up a new account. When I hit the "+" to add an account, Quicken said that online services were unavailable. Next, I set up the account manually and tried to activate online services. I received the same error message. After signing out and in to Quicken, I am still receiving the same error message.
  • I've been getting the same message. I've seen the responses suggesting logging out and back in again but my online services window opens immediately when Quicken starts. When I try to skip the download or open settings, I get the same error message. After pressing OK, the error message window goes away but the online services window goes blank and freezes. The only way to close Quicken at that point is Cntrl Alt Delete. Is there a way to disable online services on startup in this situation so I can log out?
  • Hello @splaubacher

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe in this case it would be best for us to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  This way we're able to see exactly what's happening when you're trying to sign out. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT