quicken windows update 30.14 deletes transfers between accounts at diff financial institutions

jimgmdc
jimgmdc Member ✭✭
When updated to 30.14 quicken did the following
1) A one time sync to the cloud
2) a warning that some financial companies transactions between accounts would not reconcile
3) all payments between 9-01-20 and current the payment transfer was deleted between source checking account and just listed as an entry of deposit in the receiving account

I reported to Quicken and they said they were supposed to release a new update but have not seen a new update. The tech said they were getting many phone calls about this on 12/4

had to revert to a backup and only sync one financial institution because if I sync more than one then all transactions re break again

anyone else have this issue

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before attempting to restore a Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of a Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • jimgmdc
    jimgmdc Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Before attempting to restore a Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of a Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The update was not down on a backup. I had to restore a backup after the update. I worked with quicken support to clear the cloud dat after restoring from backup and it then did a cloud sync again and it again deleted the transactions. I had to restore again and then turn off cloud sync and only sync one financial institution or else the problem returns
  • jimgmdc
    jimgmdc Member ✭✭
    I turned off quicken cloud sync nd was able tp download transactions from multiple accounts. I Liked being able to see my tractions on the web and from the app but until this is fixed I will not be using cloud sync. PLease post here if this has been resolved in a update
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I am having a similar problem. In my case, after I do a one step update a couple of months of transactions in one account change from reconciled to cleared. And the credit card account balances all change significantly - changing to large negative numbers. I restored from a backup, saw the same statement about updating the cloud, and then got the same result in the new file.

I also got the "updating the the quicken cloud" message - and was not given a choice to stop it. I do not use the quicken-on-the-app services.
  • Shmo
    Shmo Member
    When I updated this morning, it said "updating to Quicken cloud" and then it changed all of my entries to the bank designations back to early September. It changed reconciled transactions to cleared, and removed all of the transfer links. Do I have an alternative to just manually correcting three months of data?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Shmo

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a response follow-up response.

First, you'll want to start by restoring a backup from prior to this issue occurring. Steps to do so are available at the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next, please go into the One Step Update Settings and see if you have the option to "Sync to the Quicken Cloud" checked.

If this is checked, please uncheck this option and update once more. Please let me know if the transfers are removed.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jimgmdc
    jimgmdc Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Shmo
    >
    > Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a response follow-up response.
    >
    > First, you'll want to start by restoring a backup from prior to this issue occurring. Steps to do so are available at the link below.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    >
    > Next, please go into the One Step Update Settings and see if you have the option to "Sync to the Quicken Cloud" checked.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If this is checked, please uncheck this option and update once more. Please let me know if the transfers are removed.
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

The cloud sync is broken
    we tried clearing the cloud data
    doing eveything you did above
    had t keep going to backups

so now I have turned off cloud sync and I am able to get my downloads from all accounts without errors I just can't use the cloud Please post when quicken adds fixes to prevent corruption from cloud sync like this