Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Subscription Banners are Intrusive & Unnecessary

Dear Quicken,

Is there any plans on reducing the Membership Banners?

I believe that a less intrusive approach to encouraging subscription renewal would be more effective than the way it's currently implemented. With all of this real-estate being taken up by NAGGING, my 1st thought is not oh, I should rethink my decision, it's more along the lines of... oh, I'm a valued customer as long as I keep subscribing, my past loyalty means nothing.

It seems that I paid for the right to use the software and receive products updates, and the subscription provides the ability to connect to my financial institution.

But... once I choose to end my subscription, and I choose to manually import my QIF or QFX file, I should be allowed to do so without the annoying intrusion. I also accept that at some point in time I'll also lose software upgrades, which is how it should be.

I have minimal needs.... I have one credit card that I use, 1 checking and 1 savings account, and I basically use Quicken to keep track of spending and to keep my accounts reconciled. All of my investments are managed outside of Quicken. I could almost do all of this with macros in a spreadsheet [Removed]

I miss the Quicken of years past...

Regretfully,

David

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't be able to import QFX files when your subscription expires nor are entitled to upgrades.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    "It seems that I paid for the right to use the software"
    NO, you paid for a license to run Q subject to the "Terms and Conditions".  Those included an explicit period for the license ... which in your case has expired.
    You're fortunate that you're able to run it at all.  When the license for Starter Edition expires, the entire product goes "Read Only",.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • DavidJ
    DavidJ Member
    Like I say, I miss the Quicken of old. Subscription based software is not user considerate.
This discussion has been closed.