Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

After program update can't do one step update

I rec'd a program update when I opened Quicken today. Since the program updated, one step update will not download anything. My password is correct and I have restarted my computer since the update. In the past I have been able to reset the account and one step will work again, but I can not even reset the account.

Best Answer

• innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well, that didn't work so I got a hold of support. I ended up having to deactivate the account and reactivate it and now it works. Thanks for trying to help!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps there aren't any new transactions available to import.  I suggest you review the One Step Update Summary: select Tools > One Step Update Summary
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    There are a month's worth of transactions when I look at my account on the bank's website. Although the summary says update complete, nothing downloads.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    innatedoc said:
    There are a month's worth of transactions when I look at my account on the bank's website. Although the summary says update complete, nothing downloads.
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

Does the summary include a date/time and number of transactions for the account?
    What is the posting date of the last downloaded transaction imported?

• innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    Interestingly when I go into password vault it shows my username for the bank website but says a password isn't required and no way to add one in. The bank is First interstate and the connection method is Express Web Connect.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    innatedoc said:
    Interestingly when I go into password vault it shows my username for the bank website but says a password isn't required and no way to add one in. The bank is First interstate and the connection method is Express Web Connect.
    That's the new normal for the Express Web Connect connection method.

Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

• innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    Dang. Seems like this almost always happens after a program update
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    Weird that it won't let me reset the account either. That usually fixes it
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    innatedoc said:
    Weird that it won't let me reset the account either. That usually fixes it
    What happens when you attempt to reset the account?
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    I get a message saying it was unable to reset my account data. Wait a few days and try again. Which I will do, but weird that these kinds of problems always seem to occur right after an update.
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    It also wont sync
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    Says to refresh data for the account and brings up a screen with the option to ignore or update. If I choose update it brings me back to the previous message to refresh data
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    innatedoc said:
    I get a message saying it was unable to reset my account data. Wait a few days and try again. Which I will do, but weird that these kinds of problems always seem to occur right after an update.
    We do have the ability to control when Quicken updates or to rollback if you really think the issue is related.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    innatedoc said:
    It also wont sync
    What happens when you attempt to sync?
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    Says to refresh data for the account and brings up a screen with the option to ignore or update. If I choose update it brings me back to the previous message to refresh data
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    innatedoc said:
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset your cloud data: select Edit > Preferences...Mobile & Web, and Reset your cloud data

If the issue persists, I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    I'll try that
  • innatedoc
    innatedoc Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well, that didn't work so I got a hold of support. I ended up having to deactivate the account and reactivate it and now it works. Thanks for trying to help!