Why is Update not matching downloaded transactions to entries already in account register?

Options
The last 2 weeks Update has downloaded transactions and created duplicates without matching to near identical entries already in register. I also have had not been able to drag and drop the duplicate to the original, which is supposed to be a method of matching. I can't find any pattern that is causing this, ( reviewed, cleared, reconciled, etc).

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DCky1032

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this frustration.

When you look in the status column of this transaction do you see a transaction with a pencil and a blue dot? 

To be able to match a transaction, one will need to be a manual transaction and the other will need to be downloaded.  Once matched you will see the symbol below.

If you are unable to match 2 transactions, this usually indicates the transactions are both manual or both downloaded. These may not be matched. If you are receiving duplicate downloads, please see the information available here.

If you do not see any status icons, please right-click or control-click on the transaction and choose "Reject Automatic Transaction Match."

This should create two transactions, can you please confirm that these are for the same transaction?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DCky1032

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this frustration.

When you look in the status column of this transaction do you see a transaction with a pencil and a blue dot? 

To be able to match a transaction, one will need to be a manual transaction and the other will need to be downloaded.  Once matched you will see the symbol below.

If you are unable to match 2 transactions, this usually indicates the transactions are both manual or both downloaded. These may not be matched. If you are receiving duplicate downloads, please see the information available here.

If you do not see any status icons, please right-click or control-click on the transaction and choose "Reject Automatic Transaction Match."

This should create two transactions, can you please confirm that these are for the same transaction?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.