Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to add checking account

This discussion was created from comments split from: OL-362-A error downloading transactions from Etrade.

Comments

• cisaak
    cisaak Member
    Using subscription Quicken Deluxe, I cannot add a new checking account. Can anyone help?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What steps are you taking and what is going wrong?
    Is this a manual account or an online account? If the latter, what bank? Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?
    Walk us through your process in detail. Right now, we don't have enough info to help.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Hi, I'm having a similar issue.

I am unable to add my Checking and Savings accounts from E*Trade. I go to Add Account, select E*Trade Bank from the list, and enter my credentials. Both my checking and savings accounts were discovered correctly but have "* Unsupported" as their Type and "Don't add to Quicken" under Action.
    I also get the following message: "Express Web Connect does not support transaction download for brokerage accounts. To activate transaction download for this account: click Add Account and select Brokerage as the account type."

Neither account is a brokerage account and I don't see anywhere I can select the account type when adding an account.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm having a similar issue.

I am unable to add my Checking and Savings accounts from E*Trade. I go to Add Account, select E*Trade Bank from the list, and enter my credentials. Both my checking and savings accounts were discovered correctly but have "* Unsupported" as their Type and "Don't add to Quicken" under Action.
    I also get the following message: "Express Web Connect does not support transaction download for brokerage accounts. To activate transaction download for this account: click Add Account and select Brokerage as the account type."

Neither account is a brokerage account and I don't see anywhere I can select the account type when adding an account.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    To add your E*Trade Bank accounts, I suggest you sign in to the E*Trade web site, download the available transactions for the bank accounts in Quicken Web Connect format, and import the QFX files. 
  • Thanks for the reply!

Would I have to manually download and import the transactions every time? Or would that first import allow me to use Express Web Connect and One Step Update to download future transactions?

I should mention these accounts have been added to other Quicken Data Files in the past using older versions of Quicken (2016 or 2017 I think) and continue to download transactions using Express Web Connect. I was starting a new data file and ran into this issue using Quicken Premier Subscription (Build: 27.1.30.19)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply!

Would I have to manually download and import the transactions every time? Or would that first import allow me to use Express Web Connect and One Step Update to download future transactions?

I should mention these accounts have been added to other Quicken Data Files in the past using older versions of Quicken (2016 or 2017 I think) and continue to download transactions using Express Web Connect. I was starting a new data file and ran into this issue using Quicken Premier Subscription (Build: 27.1.30.19)
    You would not have to manually download and import the transactions every time.  That first import [should] allow [you] to use Express Web Connect and One Step Update to download future transactions.