I am having to reset my account daily

Have been using Quicken for my business since DOS 3.0.
I need to update my business checking daily. Everyday I have to reset the account. Yesterday I deactivated, then reactivated, and I'm still doing this.
I only notice this with my bank account (Union Bank) but I am often resetting CC accounts as well, just don't check them daily. What's up?
Debbie

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember the last time I had to reset an account for downloading, but then my accounts are either setup for Direct Connect or Web Connect, as I don't use Express Web Connect.
    Are these EWC accounts (look on the Account List)?  There are lots of "Union Banks" in the list, so I can't tell what your Union Bank supports for downloading.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Yes, all my accounts have been on the list. Even my personal banking credit union is on the list. Even that one, though I don't download as often, has to be reset almost every time it's used.
    This is fairly recent, within the last month. Pretty much all my accounts are express web connect. Can I change that manually?
    Everything had been pretty seamless for years--now nothing but problems. I don't think I've changed anything, but I do know I temporarily set up online sync until I noticed I was losing info, namely splits in memorized transactions, so I disabled it asap. It seems like the problems may have started since then? Maybe I did something?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @allabouticecream

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Thank you for your response. I have done the validate. No real "errors" but I guess I should have done this before. Fixed "hundreds" of old transactions and accounts that are no longer in use. Won't know for now if update issue is fixed until I need to update again. It may just be clogged up with old info (probably 25+ years worth.)
    Will let you know how this works out over the next week.
    Thanks again.
  • Validated and repaired account. Still am resetting accounts, if not daily, 2-3 times a week. Or just going to credit card/banking website and downloading recent transactions.
    May try re-installing. When I have time...
  • RBWarrior
    RBWarrior Member
    I am having the same problem. None of my accounts download my transactions unless I reset account. It always shows my online* balance correct but the transactions will not download unless I push a reset. Tired of paying for glitchy program.
  • bkt0514
    bkt0514 Member
    Having the same issue. Someone please help1!
  • bkt0514
    bkt0514 Member
    Here is the fix: Open your quicken > click on EDIT > preferences > quicken ID and cloud accounts > sign in using a different user > type YES > click sign out. Once you are signed out, Sign in again and so an update. This may take a while but let it finish. This is awesome!