I am missing most of the transactions from a recently closed account (NOT a quicken 'file')

bill kelsey
bill kelsey Member ✭✭
I had to close a credit card account because of fraudulent transactions. I thought all my data was supposed to be available even after I closed the account (for historical reasons). I just viewed the closed account and there are several years of transactions that are just gone. The statements are available on the card website but I had notes in my Quicken register that don't appear on the web site. No idea what to do. HELP!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before attempting to restore the Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of the Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • bill kelsey
    bill kelsey Member ✭✭
    I'm not talking about a quicken file. I'm talking about an account. According to Quicken, even if i close an account, all the data should still be there for historic reference. It's not....or rather 99% of it is not.
  • bill kelsey
    bill kelsey Member ✭✭
    I don't know how to have a conversation with people who try to answer my questions????
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about a quicken file. I'm talking about an account. According to Quicken, even if i close an account, all the data should still be there for historic reference. It's not....or rather 99% of it is not.
    Quicken maintains account registers in a Quicken file.  To restore the missing transactions, you will need to restore a Quicken file you saved before the transactions went missing.  I suggested you delete the Quicken Cloud dataset before you open or restore an earlier Quicken file because it is possible the Quicken Cloud dataset is corrupt and caused the transactions to be deleted.
  • williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    Over the past two months I have lost several Win10 Quicken account registers and translations, leaving me with many "Unspecified Account" entries in my existing account that I discovered through Q Validation.

I will take your suggestion and delete the cloud dataset.

Do you know if this is something that Quicken is aware of and plans to fix or should I expect to see more of this in the future?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past two months I have lost several Win10 Quicken account registers and translations, leaving me with many "Unspecified Account" entries in my existing account that I discovered through Q Validation.

I will take your suggestion and delete the cloud dataset.

Do you know if this is something that Quicken is aware of and plans to fix or should I expect to see more of this in the future?
    I suppose it depends what you mean by this.

I know Quicken is aware they're not resetting the cloud account appropriately when we open a different Quicken file with the same file identifier and I assume they plan to address the issue.