Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I use Qwin Deluxe, It updated to R30.14. Now I can't update my accounts online

I tried calling into support, after asking me some information he stated I should have a good day and hung up. The chat dude said to perform an operation in file reset, it froze my computer and I needed to restart. I checked the passwords on my accounts and it says I don't need passwords. I have no way to update my accounts (5 different institutions) since 12/3. Did this morning's update mess it up?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @mnment

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

At this time, I would recommend contacting support directly for a review of the logs to help determine the cause of this error message.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to research this issue further to provide a solution.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please do HELP, About Quicken and tell us:
    1. What Q product are you running?
    2. What BUILD of that product?
    3. What is your "Membership valid thru" date?

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    Quicken Deluxe 2019 I have no idea on the build (its running on Windows) I believe my membership renews in March
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    IF you had done HELP, About Quicken ... as instructed ... all of the info that I requested can be found there.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    Ok Quickien Deluxe
    Year 2020
    Version R30.14
    Build 27.1.30.14
    Renews 4/13/2021
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudgeLKR said:
    I tried calling into support, after asking me some information he stated I should have a good day and hung up. The chat dude said to perform an operation in file reset, it froze my computer and I needed to restart. I checked the passwords on my accounts and it says I don't need passwords. I have no way to update my accounts (5 different institutions) since 12/3. Did this morning's update mess it up?
    Hi @JudgeLKR

Have you simply tried to Update?
    Enter your Vault Password. Click Settings. See the Accounts checked. Then click Update Now.

Does it update?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    It says passwords are no longer needed. Quicken says that's due to a new process and there is no way to go back to the previous way. Supposedly faster and safer. All I know is since I updated Quicken, I can no longer update my accounts. I'll have to pull up my accounts on another computer and enter everything by hand. I should not have updated what was working.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudgeLKR said:\  All I know is since I updated Quicken, I can no longer update my accounts.
    What makes you say that your accounts are not downloading ?
    Don't depend on the One Step Update Summary screen....
    go look at each of your accounts - in the .... Tools --> Account List -
    and look in the Transaction Download and Last Download columns.
    The Direct Connect accounts require a password entry.
    The Express Web Connect accounts no longer require a password entry -
    it was previously stored when you originally entered it.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    I've looked in each account for downloads. Nothing so far. 3 accounts update, the other 3 don't. The little wheel that shows progress slows and comes to a stop while the indicator shows "processing data" but still no go. I've been using Quicken since the 90s. Never had this kind of issue before this week.
  • mnment
    mnment Member
    Same problem here. R30.14 Build 27.1.30.14
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudgeLKR said:
    I've looked in each account for downloads. Nothing so far. 3 accounts update, the other 3 don't. The little wheel that shows progress slows and comes to a stop while the indicator shows "processing data" but still no go.
    We are not looking over your shoulder at your screen....
    So we play 20 questions....
    As I mentioned above, and asked you to look at the accounts.
    With the latest releases of Quicken,
    there have been MAJOR changes internally
    between how the Express Web Connect accounts are updated
    vs the Direct Connect accts.
    It is like two totally different internal systems.
    SO... you have to tell us which accts are having the problems,
    what type of connect - either DC or EWC - and any other helpful info.

• JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    How do I know whether an account is DC or EWC? There must be some indication listed somewhere.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    JudgeLKR said:
    How do I know whether an account is DC or EWC? There must be some indication listed somewhere.
    Open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select the Online Services tab.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudgeLKR said:
    As I mentioned above to look at your .... Tools --> Account List .... it says it right there -

• JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    All the accounts not updating are EWC. The ones that did are all direct connect.
  • mnment
    mnment Member
    Same for me
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    JudgeLKR said:
    All the accounts not updating are EWC.
    The ones that did are all direct connect.
    Are you sure they are not updating ?
    Click on the account, and look at the very top,
    as the One Step Update summary display
    may not reflect the actual world of acct downloading...

• mnment
    mnment Member
    All of my EWC accounts stopped updating 12/12/20
  • JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    So I spent a long time on Quicken Chat. All but one of my accounts now work correctly. Prior to doing what she said, the last update listed on the affected accounts was 12/6. After resetting the accounts, they all showed a 12/16 update but only one entered any transactions. After resetting the others multiple times they are all working except one. I'll continue to work on that. On some other threads I found others also had to reset multiple times. Luckily for me its an account I don't use much so I can hand enter information if I need to.
  • JudgeLKR
    JudgeLKR Member
    The instructions were easy: Click Edit for the one of the affected accounts, go to the “Online services” tab Click on Reset account.
  • mnment
    mnment Member
    One of my accounts successfully reset after 6 attempts. Another hasn't reset yet after 14 resets.
  • mnment
    mnment Member
    Tried to update today and none of my EWC accounts would update, including the ones that I successfully fixed yesterday. Back to square one...
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @mnment

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

At this time, I would recommend contacting support directly for a review of the logs to help determine the cause of this error message.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to research this issue further to provide a solution.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~