Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Chase Problem Resolved - Financial Software Access setup - NOT related to the 12/14 problem

Hello:

My Chase credit card downloads stopped about 8 days ago, although Quicken continued to report a successful connection after One Step Updates.

I found the issue was with Chase. Using a web browser, the account overview page has an "Account activity" section with a download icon you need to select (see first image).

In the window that opens, look at the bottom section with "Financial Software Access" and go through the steps required to enable it (see second image).

Finally, go into Quicken, deactivate your online services with Chase, then reactivate it. This corrected everything for me (see final image).
God bless you and your precious families - Langston

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2020
    A new problem with downloads from Chase arose today 12/14/20.
    SO, this reply, which worked for @Langston Holland back on 12/11 might, or might not,  work with the current issue.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • hos2277hos2277 Member
    Thanks for sharing but, followed same instruction did not solve it for me.
    Chase OL-294-A
  • khan8037khan8037 Member
    Yeah, I just started getting an OL-294A error connecting to Chase.
  • OK at least I now know that this is not a problem on my end. The error started this morning for my Chase accounts.
  • ecrtiqueecrtique Member ✭✭
    +1 same here
  • Tim AveryTim Avery Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. First noticed it when I tried a one-step update late last night.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    A new problem with downloads from Chase arose today 12/14/20.
    SO, this reply, which worked for @Langston Holland back on 12/11 might, or might not,  work with the current issue.
    The current issue is that Chase has the server(s) down/disconnected from the Internet.  There isn't anything any users can do other than wait or if you need your transactions that badly go to the website and download and import a Web Connect/QFX file.

See this announcement, they are talking to Chase to get them to fix the problem.
    NEW 12/14/20 Chase Returns OL-294/297/293 Error — Quicken

Also there is a much longer thread here if you just have to vent:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884704/chase-ol-294-a-error-293-and-297-edited

And I would like to note that this thread is about @Langston Holland letting people know that for Direct Connect at Chase you need to do this "authorizing" step before using it.  But note that once that is done it isn't something that you would do for an ongoing problem like what started yesterday.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    This was a problem Chase problem - not a Quicken application or connection problem (at least for Direct Connect users) which Chase apparently just fixed and it is working now.  Therefore, I would suggest that you not follow the instructions in the OP above.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
    Frankx said:
    This was a problem Chase problem - not a Quicken application or connection problem (at least for Direct Connect users) which Chase apparently just fixed and it is working now.  Therefore, I would suggest that you not follow the instructions in the OP above.

Frankx
    It is a shame on the timing of this.

@Langston Holland posted a useful note to Chase users on making sure they do this authorization step when using Direct Connect with Chase.  But unfortunately Chase choose about the same time to do maintenance on their servers and cause problems.  And then you have everyone jumping on any thread that has Chase in the title without really understanding what the thread is about.

And so yes the steps that @Langston Holland posted shouldn't be followed for the Chase problem that started yesterday and is now fixed, because the two were never even connected.
  • heatherustyheatherusty Member ✭✭
    In regard to Chris_QPW -- likewise. Just updated successfully after being unable to this morn CST. No action on my part.
  • sshinrsshinr Member ✭✭
    I am still having problems with Chase. Now, instead of error code OL-294 A from this morning, I now get error code OL-332 A. Does anyone have an suggestions? Thanks.
    sshinr said:
    I am still having problems with Chase. Now, instead of error code OL-294 A from this morning, I now get error code OL-332 A. Does anyone have an suggestions? Thanks.
    I think for your problem you should just wait for others to post on your thread.  It is a different problem than what other people have been reporting.

Just so other people know this is that thread (I'm not seeing that problem):
    Is anyone receiving Error Code OL-332 A today instead of yesterday's error OL-294 A with Chase — Quicken
  • RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    Just tried to update to chase and for the first time is several days, IT WORKED!!
  • sshinrsshinr Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I think for your problem you should just wait for others to post on your thread.  It is a different problem than what other people have been reporting.
    >
    > Just so other people know this is that thread (I'm not seeing that problem):
    > Is anyone receiving Error Code OL-332 A today instead of yesterday's error OL-294 A with Chase — Quicken

Thanks, Chris. I may just be ahead of the pack. Had codes 294 and 297 since yesterday...let's see how many get the follow up code 332...

Bottom line, still not connecting to Chase and that's a problem.
  • Ps56k2Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Chase performed major maint over the weekend...
    The OL-294 / 297 Error Codes were presented.
    I still had them this morning.  Just tried again - 2:45pm Chicago time - WORKED OK
    EDIT.... also updated the topic title to better reflect the orig Q&A and not get confused with the weekend issue with Chase maint - and OL-294/297 Errors...
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    One thing that I think factors into this is that there is in fact multiple servers and depending on where you are in the country you get a different server and it might take time for the "fixes" or whatever they are doing to be pushed to all the servers.
  • Tom MTom M Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    [Removed-Off Topic/Duplicate]