Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

After the R30.14 update, One Step Update overwrites payees and categories [Edited]

124»

Answers

• SmoothieusaSmoothieusa Member ✭✭
    Quicken Sarah, thanks for your Jan 13 update post. R30.21 is installed. What about all the rest of us who do not have a backup where the payees / categories are all correct? Deleted those backups a long time ago to make room on backup drive for more current Q backups. By time realized Quicken had corrupted the file the old uncorrupted backups were deleted. What can we do to get and keep our MPL complete and accurate if there is no backup copy with correct payees / categories?

Why does cloud sync / OSU change the MPL and change old transactions on desktop if cloud account is reset and the MPL (payee names, split transactions, multiple categories per payee) on desktop is fixed manually and works until desktop connects / syncs to cloud? Is there something in the cloud that hasn't been reset because MPL on desktop has been repaired manually. Would think the good repaired MPL on desktop would get uploaded to the cloud after the cloud data has been reset and synced one-way (i.e. desktop to cloud) to create a new cloud data file with corrected MPL that in future syncs would sync desktop and cloud with good, uncorrupted data. That doesn't happen as a subsequent sync causes a messed up MPL.

These Quicken problems started occurring on my desktop late September / early October 2020. Countless hours wasted. Is Quicken offering a reduced subscription price since the mobile cloud feature included in the subscription price can't be used unless a user is looking to have their MPL corrupted again?

What is target date for having a solution for everyone?

Thank you.
  • jmh1212jmh1212 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah I submitted a “report a problem” today where the categories in memorized transactions have been deleted after a sync. I had deleted the cloud file before the sync In which the categories were deleted. As noted, scheduled transaction groups are also being cleared
  • wfyanowfyano Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Sarah" i also submitted a report yesterday, and they did email some follow-up questions which I responded to.
  • This is still happening as of this 7:00 AM ET today.  Not only are the categories disappearing but the indicator to review/match downloaded transactions - the blue dot - is not working as it should.  Sometimes there's a list to review & somethings it's automatically matching.  It appears those automatic matching are the ones that are having the category cleared.  I've reported this problem twice over the past few weeks.  Glad to join this group & see that I'm not crazy  :)
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    wfyano said:
    @Quicken Sarah i also submitted a report yesterday, and they did email some follow-up questions which I responded to.
    Hello @wfyano

Thank you for submitting the report and responding to the follow-up questions. 

I received a message from the team investigating this issue and they confirmed that you are actually experiencing a different issue that they have opened a new ticket for and are continuing to investigate.

I've asked to be included on any updates that become available to ensure you receive a resolution, but you may also receive communication directly from the team as they continue to work through this issue.

Thank you again and please let me know if there are any further questions/concerns that I may assist with.

Sarah
  • jmh1212jmh1212 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah installed new version (31.5) and problem with cleared categories in memorized transactions persisted. Submitted a Report A Problem
  • GlennQuserGlennQuser Member ✭✭
    I lost my payees and categories in entries. They do not show in reports. I understand so I need to go to a backup and I will lose hours of time but:
    What date did Quicken update and create this problem? I need to know what backup date I need to go to.
    Also, has this been corrected in Quicken? or is it just going to happen again when I load a backup file?
    GlennQuser, related problems with losing payees, split categories, MPL messing up, cloud sync errors advising resource parameter ids (whatever that is) deleted, sync errors during cloud data reset, OSU process "your data is being synced to our improved cloud service...This is a one-time process" occurring multiple times, Q cloud budget sync errors, multiple "you may not transfer money into a read-only account" cloud sync error messages started occurring
    mid to late September 2020 for me if that helps with timing which backup to use. I don't keep my daily backups that far back so Q Sarah's solution to wait for vsn R30.21 and then use an uncorrupted backup does not help. A solution from Quicken that works for everybody is needed today.
  • dnelsondnelson Member ✭✭
    I am confused! Has the issue with the categories and payees changing or being deleted been resolved with R31.8. I am currently on R28.28 and if I upgrade could the category and payee issue affect my Quicken file?
  • tnmatstnmats Member ✭✭
    > @dnelson said:
    > I am confused! Has the issue with the categories and payees changing or being deleted been resolved with R31.8. I am currently on R28.28 and if I upgrade could the category and payee issue affect my Quicken file?

No, it has not been resolved. I upgraded to R31.8 this past weekend, followed the advice earlier in this post and I still had locked payee info deleted.
  • George MaysGeorge Mays Member ✭✭
    Great, I thought it was some setting I had changes. They have rewritten almost all of my 2020 info on certain cards or accounts I track. All of the detailed info was gone. all of the recepts stored in quicken gone. Going to stop downloading anything from quicken.
  • dnelsondnelson Member ✭✭
    This question is for Quicken Sarah. Is this issue solved or it is still on going. I want to move forward with the newer versions, but I don't want my data corrupted
  • ERedERed Member ✭✭
    > @George Mays said:
    > Great, I thought it was some setting I had changes. They have rewritten almost all of my 2020 info on certain cards or accounts I track. All of the detailed info was gone. all of the recepts stored in quicken gone. Going to stop downloading anything from quicken.

I've followed some advice given a while back to turn off Quicken Mobile, disconnect your cloud account. After finding a valid backup and manually correcting the data that was 'lost', I've not turned these back on. A Quicken developer also told me to wait until they totally fix the problem before turning these features back on.
  • ERedERed Member ✭✭
    > @dnelson said:
    > This question is for Quicken Sarah. Is this issue solved or it is still on going. I want to move forward with the newer versions, but I don't want my data corrupted

Per contact from a developer, this fix is still not totally fixed. He recommended I continue to keep the mobile turned off & have the cloud account disconnected.
  • wfyanowfyano Member ✭✭
    No update in weeks?
    Is it fixed yet?