quicken mobile app using drop box instead of quicken server

craigsimard
craigsimard Member ✭✭
My bank only allows one point of access. In other words, my Quicken desktop accesses my data but the bank will not let the mobile app. I get the cc-501 error. This year I've talked to Quicken support 3 times and my bank's support team 2 times. My bank's support finally realized what was happening and explained that because of security they only allow one device to access data. So [Removed] syncs data to dropbox and [Removed] mobile app also syncs to dropbox. Didn't Quicken do that at one point and is it possible for me to do it now. Or do I not have the correct version of Quicken to do this?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @craigsimard,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this support article regarding error CC-501 with Mobile Sync.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well it sounds like then you can't use Quicken Mobile/Web with that financial institution.

You can post and thread as an idea and have people vote on it so that Quicken Inc will consider it, but in my opinion it is very unlikely they are going to implement this.
    They would have to change the whole flow of how transactions are fetched, which isn't likely.

But I will say that you are mistaken about the "flow/syncing".
    Dropbox isn't involved with this at all.

For Direct Connect accounts the flow is:

Quicken <-> Financial institution's OFX server

For Express Web Connect (Quicken Connect on Macs) it is:

Quicken <-> QCS(sync to Quicken cloud) <-> Intuit server <-> Financial institution's website

For Quicken Mobile/Web

QCS <-> Financial institution

Quicken Mobile/Web are actually mostly just "GUIs" for viewing the data stored in QCS (the Quicken cloud account). The QCS servers are responsible for actually fetching the data either through Intuit's servers for Express Web Connect or Direct Connect for those account connect types.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  Dropbox (if used) is just you storing a backup of your Quicken Desktop data file on their servers.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • craigsimard
    craigsimard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    [Removed] uses that method for data storage and the [removed] app access the data stored in dropbox. It works well. For some reason, I thought Quicken did in the past. Maybe they just tried it. I used [removed] for a few years. I like it except for its budget. This is why we switched back to Quicken. We are going to renew with Quicken. We are looking into switching over to a Credit Union at the first of the year. Thank you for your help. Happy Holidays!