Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Yum Brands & Yum China Holdings

I am running Quicken Premier 2020 and Win 10. I use E Trade as my financial institution . For a few years when I download transactions they compare my holdings and these two stocks always say they are off by 5.66 shares. I checked my Quicken stock share balance with my Etrade account and the shares match 100%. I crossed check the ending E Trade statements for the past 6 months versus Quicken and my balances match exactly. I doubled checked and my stock symbols I use for each stock is correct.

Has anyone else using Etrade and has both Yum Brands and Yum China Holdings had the same issue ?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I might do is to take a peek inside the OFX log and see what numbers Etrade is sending to you for those securities.  Look for <UNITS> followed by a number.  I'd think the number they are sending you would be the same as what you're seeing online.  You might also try a {Ctrl}-z and have Quicken recompute your holdings.
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Tom:
    Thank you for the the response. I tried looking on line however unable to find how to access the OFX Log within Quicken . The "help" section was pointing me to the answer as well . Do you know how I can access the OFX Log ? Thank you
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jjrichards

Can you give me some more information on your statement " [they] say they are off by 5.66 shares"?  are "they" indicating that both accounts - or each account - are/is off by 5.66 shares?  Please be specific.  

It sounds like you may have not properly calculated and/or recorded - in Quicken - the spin-off that happened approximately Is it possible that happened 4 years ago - is that a possibility?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom:
    Thank you for the the response. I tried looking on line however unable to find how to access the OFX Log within Quicken . The "help" section was pointing me to the answer as well . Do you know how I can access the OFX Log ? Thank you
    Select Help > Log Files and OFX Log
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Hi Frank:
    Thank you for the response. I am short 5.6616 shares of Yum China and have + 5.6616 to many shares of Yum Brands . When I compared the last 6 months statements from E trade to Quicken my shares held in both match exactly . One issue that has puzzled me for a while is when I download my reinvested dividends for both stocks from Etrade , they reverse the transactions . Yum Brands reinvested shares is really Yum China and vice versa. After I download I change manually .
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Frank:
    Thank you for the response. I am short 5.6616 shares of Yum China and have + 5.6616 to many shares of Yum Brands . When I compared the last 6 months statements from E trade to Quicken my shares held in both match exactly . One issue that has puzzled me for a while is when I download my reinvested dividends for both stocks from Etrade , they reverse the transactions . Yum Brands reinvested shares is really Yum China and vice versa. After I download I change manually .
    I suspect you may have mismatched the securities.  I suggest you uncheck Matched to online security on both securities: press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security, and  select Edit.   The next time Quicken compares the holdings, you should be prompted to match the securities again.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still sounds like you switched the two stocks - maybe got them mixed-up in the spin-off transaction?  I suggest that you take a closer look at your securites transactions in Quicken and make sure that what you recorded the spin-off properly.  I have seen this happen before and it can be confusing when the stocks have similar names.

let me know what you find and how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Frank:
    Since my number of shares of the two stocks have matched my Quicken balance versus Etrade statements think I recorded the spinoff correctly. I took the suggestion Sherlock recommended and after I ran an update matched the security's again . Next time I download from Etrade new transactions , hopefully the mismatch goes away . Thank you for the response.