Generate Report equivalent to Planning tab

Would like to be able to generate a report that is equivalent to the Planning tab. Was looking at how 2020 was going to end with Actuals (both already spent and to be spent) and information on Planning tab provides that level of information. However looking at a full year 2020 Budget report only shows Actuals (already spent) but leaves out to be spent amounts when comparing to Budget.
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Hello @Lloyd Young,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your Idea request.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see example below).

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that when viewing the budget annual view, you can go to File > Print budgets or hit Ctrl-P and print the view. The format leaves a lot to be desired, but the data is there.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    Jim, Thanks for your comment. Tried your suggestion and yes you are correct it leaves a lot to be desired. I run Budget reports for each individual month and year and would be nice if under the Budget report there was on option to include both Actual income/expense to date and projected income/expense items for the requested period within the Actual column. Including both actual and projected income and expense items would be a better indication on how the budget is going to work for the requested time frame than just including actual to date items.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    -Quicken Anja
  • Lloyd Young
    Anja, Appreciate your attention. This is still a good idea and deserves to be added to list of future enhancements.
  • Lloyd Young
    An alternative to have access to a Planning report is to have the capability of exporting information from the Planning tab to an Excel file then I could generate my own report in whatever fashion I chose. A suggestion would be to add this capability in the Planning Tools or Reports buttons under the Planning tab.
  • Lloyd Young
    To provide an example on why this would be useful. When I run a 2022 Budget report, the Actual column contains only Year To Date but the Budget column contains the full year budget. Would be very helpful if the Actual column contained YTD along with what was Planned to be spent in the various categories. If the Actual column included the planned amounts for their respective category then I could easily tell if my budget figure was right on.