Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Downloading Older Transactions

Hi, I recently moved my Quicken over to my new desktop and my accounts didn't transfer so I have been adding everything back in. Not sure if I'm missing something to pull everything from my other computer over, but that would be very helpful. My main issue is that Quicken is not pulling in all of my transactions for the year and I don't know how to fix that. Is there a setting hidden somewhere that limits the max number of transactions it can add per account?

Answers

• Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why you're having problems in the first place.  The Quicken program is completely distinct from your data so if you reinstalled Quicken on a new computer, the next step is to transfer your data file - [File Name].QDF - from the old computer to the new computer and you're right back in business with all your historical data intact.  Your data files usually live in your Quicken folder that's under your Documents folder.  So my advice is to find that file on the old desktop and transfer it to the new desktop.
    If by "plulling in all my transactions for the year" you're referring to downloading information from Financial Institutions (FIs) into Quicken Accounts, how much data you receive is entirely controlled by the FIs.  A period of 90 days is common, but it could be more or less.
  • Yes, that is what I mean. Do you know if there is a way to get more than 90 days worth of transaction history? Otherwise I'd have a ton of data to manually enter. And Good idea, I will go look for the .QDF and transfer the file over.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Don't you have a backup of your Quicken data from your old computer?
    Did something happen to the old computer that you can't find and retrieve the Quicken data file?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    droth0901 said:
    Yes, that is what I mean. Do you know if there is a way to get more than 90 days worth of transaction history? ....I will go look for the .QDF and transfer the file over.

Finding and using your data file on the old computer is by far the best answer here.
    As to getting older information, that sometimes is available, depending on the FI involved.  Look for references to "downloading" information at the FI's site.  Usually this requires that you use your browser to download the information.