Quicken Bill Manager very confusing

Under Bills and Income tab ..in the drop down menu...what's the difference between..All Bills, Online Bills, BillPay Bills, Manual Bills, and Check Pay payees? From the videos it looks like all payees should show up in the "online bills" tab. Is that correct? Most of our payees show up in Checkpay payees. Only wire transfer payees show up in Online Bills. Nothing shows up in Bill Pay bills.

Thanks much for any help.

Answers

• Hello @crbuckjr

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite interesting. Normally I don't see wires as online bills. Are you using Quicken bill manager or are you using your banks bill pay through direct connect? Bill pay bills are from the previously quicken bill pay which is why nothing is showing there as you've either deleted it or never used it previously. 

Check pay payees aren't categorized as bills which is why they don't all show under all bills even if they may be a biller. You do need to switch over to see these payees or type them into the register if you're looking to add a payment.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-windows-frequently-asked-questions

Here's an article with some extra information as well. once you get the chance let us know a couple more details and if this helps out.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• crbuckjr
    crbuckjr Member
    Thanks for your response.

Let me pursue one question.

We pay our credit card balances by giving the credit card company authorization to directly wire transfer from our bank account to the CC company. These transactions then show up in the register.

I am assuming that the CC companies don't need to show up in the Quicken "Bills and Income" section at all. Is that correct?

thanks much for your help
  • @crbuckjr

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you pay your CC bills from outside of Quicken. You don't need to have them there to pay your bills unless paying through Quicken itself using Quicken Bill Manager.  You can have them added if you are just wanting to see next months bill without logging into the billers website. So in short you don't need to have it added unless you had it there to pay through QBM or see the bill inside of Quicken. 

I hope that clears up your question. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
  • crbuckjr
    crbuckjr Member
    Thanks. We are getting there. We have two credit cards (that are on auto pay and xfer $$ directly from our checking acct) that show up in the Bill Manager on two lists....Online Bills and All Bills. Based on your previous message, we would like to delete them from these lists. But, we can't figure out how to do that.

Please advise. Thanks again

Chuck
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    From the Bills & Income tab gear (upper right on tab),  Manage Online Bills, you should be able to remove a biller.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
This discussion has been closed.