Bug when selecting Maximum Gain

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
When specifying Maximum Gain to choose lots of a security to sell, Quicken actually chooses lots which have a smaller gain than when specifying First Shares In. I have recalculated and repaired lots and the issue persists.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I suspect the 1/24/12 Added transaction may be causing the issue.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    It's not a placeholder, it's a share balance adjustment. It was entered as 0.001 share.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    It's not a placeholder, it's a share balance adjustment. It was entered as 0.001 share.
    Set a cost and I suspect the issue will be resolved.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Sherlock said:
    Well, yes, I can alter the transaction. But it is a correct transaction as it stands. When you Update Share Balance with a positive result, the shares correctly get added with zero cost.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    Well, yes, I can alter the transaction. But it is a correct transaction as it stands. When you Update Share Balance with a positive result, the shares correctly get added with zero cost.
    No one said it isn't a correct transaction, however, it is interfering with Quicken's ability to select maximum gain properly.  If the cost basis was actually zero, the lot should always be selected for maximum gain.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    As I said, it's a bug.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, it's a bug.
    And again, no one said it wasn't a bug.