Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bug when selecting Maximum Gain

Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
When specifying Maximum Gain to choose lots of a security to sell, Quicken actually chooses lots which have a smaller gain than when specifying First Shares In. I have recalculated and repaired lots and the issue persists.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I suspect the 1/24/12 Added transaction may be causing the issue.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a placeholder, it's a share balance adjustment. It was entered as 0.001 share.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
    edited December 2020
    It's not a placeholder, it's a share balance adjustment. It was entered as 0.001 share.
    Set a cost and I suspect the issue will be resolved.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Sherlock said:
    Well, yes, I can alter the transaction. But it is a correct transaction as it stands. When you Update Share Balance with a positive result, the shares correctly get added with zero cost.
    Sherlock said:
    Well, yes, I can alter the transaction. But it is a correct transaction as it stands. When you Update Share Balance with a positive result, the shares correctly get added with zero cost.
    No one said it isn't a correct transaction, however, it is interfering with Quicken's ability to select maximum gain properly.  If the cost basis was actually zero, the lot should always be selected for maximum gain.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    As I said, it's a bug.
    As I said, it's a bug.
    And again, no one said it wasn't a bug. 
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10