Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CHASE - OL 294 A ERROR, 293, and 297 [resolved 12/14]

System
System Member ✭✭✭✭
This discussion was created from comments split from: CHASE - OL 294 A ERROR, 293, and 297 [Edited].

Comments

• Ron Hersch
    Ron Hersch Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Unable to download transactions from Chase. Returns OL 294 A error.
  • Tom M
    Tom M Member ✭✭
    Same here, OL-294A error for my Chase Visa credit card so it's not just one user.
    I see this kind of junk from many of the credit card issuers on occasion and it usually goes away after a day (well, most of the time).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • msmingel
    msmingel Member
    Same error for all of my Chase accounts, and Chase says they don't have issue. Followed all the steps in article posted by Sherlock. No help whatsoever.
  • tironef
    tironef Member ✭✭
    I'm getting an error Chase - OL-297-A Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection.
    I tried all the suggestions in Quicken Support and Community. I restarted Quicken, same error. I rebooted, same error. I checked internet connectivity and no errors.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you recently enabled a VPN? If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
  • PizzaWis71
    PizzaWis71 Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Error has changed slightly from "unable to establish internet connection" to "Quicken is unable to complete your request." Either way Quicken and Chase are not talking and it's getting me mad!
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭
    Is there a problem with Downlads from Chase?
  • Trish107
    Trish107 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same error and I don't even have a VPN.

Multiple accounts at BoA, Ally, Discover, and Wells Fargo all work without issue.

I can login to the Chase website without any problems, just not Quicken.

Windows 10 HP64
    Quicken 2020 v R30.14 build 27.1.30.14
  • Deejub444
    Deejub444 Member ✭✭
    Same here, except I got error OL-294-A. No VPN in use.
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭
    Error code OL-294-A
  • jschaffe
    jschaffe Member ✭✭✭
    Mac Catalina, just updated Quicken to latest 6.0.3:

Partial Download (504)
    3 new transactions downloaded (there may be ore transactions to download)
    HTTP-504 Error from Chase
    Last attempt 12/x/2020 - x:xx PM
    3 new transactions downloaded

But nothing new was actually downloaded at all!

• Same here, I tried calling Chase support but they're not home!
    It did work Friday, I have no idea if this is Chase or Quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 3
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I am also receiving an OL 294 error on my Chase account.

This issue usually temporary, please allow 24 to 48 hours before attempting to update once more.

If the trouble persists, and you are experiencing the 297 error, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If after waiting, you still experience the 294, please see the information available here.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

[Edited]
    ~~~***~~~
  • PizzaWis71
    PizzaWis71 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka - any help with this Chase issue?
  • I'm getting OL-294-A with Chase.
  • I was having the same issue with Chase not downloading and kept getting an error. I had the "Financial Software Access" enabled already in Chase so that was not the problem.

In Quicken, I just deactivated and reactivated the account and this resolved my issue. I didn't have to do anything at Chase. Earlier, when logging directly into Chase I noticed they wanted me to confirm contact information on the login screen. I'm not sure if this caused the issue with connecting. The deactivating resolved it for me.
  • TracieK
    TracieK Member ✭✭
    I am also getting OL-294-A error with Chase. Any update on this?
  • vdemola
    vdemola Member
    Same here
  • Maikeer
    Maikeer Member ✭✭✭
    Me too.  Following thread.  

Quicken for Windows subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.   
  • EDacho
    EDacho Member ✭✭
    Same problem here for several days now...other accounts are fine. Following the thread for updates from support.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also joining the OL-294 club...

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Eddie Choy
    Eddie Choy Member ✭✭
    Same here no access. I am able to download the quicken file from chase and up date my accounts one by one.
  • jo18
    jo18 Member ✭✭
    Are others receiving this same error message from Chase. Can someone forward the steps needed for the fix? Is it the deactivation plan? Also, why does this continue to happen with Chase?

Thanks

JO
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    I am also getting the OL-294 error on my chase credit cards. Worked fine on Friday.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Steps to fix:  Wait.

Why does this continue to happen?:  Chase does maintenance to their server(s) (takes them down, turns off Internet connection...)  that happen to have the OFX server that Quicken talks to running on them.  They usually do such maintenance on weekends or late at night.

Best practice besides wait when this happens: First look for a thread with other people's complaints about the same thing and post there instead of in a separate thread.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884648/chase-ol-294-a-error-and-297-edited
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I am also receiving an OL 294 error on my Chase account.

This issue usually temporary, please allow 24 to 48 hours before attempting to update once more.

If the trouble persists, and you are experiencing the 297 error, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here

If after waiting, you still experience the 294, please see the information available here.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

[Edited]
    Just so you know, the first link:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884658/chase-ol-297-a-quicken-is-unable-to-establish-an-internet-connection comes up "Discussion Not Found".
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Having the same problem with Chase starting 10/13/2020.  After several failed attempts and OL-294 errors I disabled Chase hoping that adding it back would solve the problem (tried this numerous times in the past).  However, no luck.  I can't get Quicken to add my Chase online credentials back.  
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Ditto on the OL-294. Started mid-afternoon on Sun 12/13. Worked on Sat.
  • jeffnjnecom
    jeffnjnecom Member ✭✭
    Me too. Since this morning.