Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CHASE - OL 294 A ERROR, 293, and 297 [resolved 12/14]

Comments

• jo18
    jo18 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the good advice. Will sit tight.
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    Seems to be working now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be working now.
    Yep, my solution (and Quicken Inc's if you look at the full information that is posted on it) to this problem works every time (wait).

Chase likes to do maintenance on their servers late at night and on weekends.
    Personally I don't even think they know that they are taking down Quicken in the process.  The OFX server software is probably running on machines doing a lot of different things and so when they take them down for whatever purpose this happens until they are done.

Not only are Quicken users a drop in the bucket to them I get the feeling that the server(s) hosting the OFX server software aren't servers that they associate with their "normal customers" like the web servers.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they are finished with their maintenance.  It working again.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tironef
    tironef Member ✭✭
    As of 12/14/20 @ 7:30 am it still isn't working.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭
    FYI, Monday morning December 14...I’m still getting the OL-294-A error.
    Quicken user since 1996
  • Pumphouse
    Pumphouse Member ✭✭
    Monday Dec 14 at 7:16am Eastern, still OL-294-A, no VPN, Win10 and Quicken both up to date.
  • Window 10 subscription No Chase connection as of 7:00 AM 12/14/2020
  • Clyde Rauch
    Clyde Rauch Member ✭✭
    Just tried to update (12/14-8:00AM) and I am having the same issue with my Chase accounts. I am joining the OL-294-A club.
  • kknj
    kknj Member ✭✭
    Initially OL-294-A, past 2 days. Today it's OL-293-A "unexpected information was received"
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still getting the OL-294-A error today.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    I have been getting the OL-294-A error for a few days now. It is still not working this morning. I tried resetting my account in Quicken and still not working.
  • russwy
    russwy Windows Beta Beta
    The message I get back is Chase recovery error, try again later. This has been going on for the past four days. Cannot even deactivate the account.
  • dlpjm
    dlpjm Member ✭✭
    Getting the same, either 293 or 294, got both today, been going on the last couple of days. I can reach the bank online directly outside of Quicken with no issues.
  • exofriend
    exofriend Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem for several days. Frankly, this really gets old having to fight with the program to get it to do what it already knew how to do before the problem started. I hear, reset this, follow these steps, read this article, and don't forget to do a backup because when you finally do get it to start working again you're going to have 3 months of duplicate entries to clean up. If the servers are down, or authentication needs to be updated. . . whatever -- Quicken should fail more gracefully.
  • indyjls
    indyjls Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me today. My OL-294-A error has changed to a OL-297-A. I wouldn't consider that progress though.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭
    I receive an OL -293 error when I attempt a one step update with Chase.  The problem started Sunday 12/13.
  • canoe32
    canoe32 Member ✭✭✭
    My Chase OL-294-A errors over the weekend are now OL-297-A errors. Something has changed, although not necessarily for the better.
  • Same problem with me & Chase. (Also still having problem with quicken not being able to download Vanguard but at least I can reset the account to get a download). I tried the steps in the article and it did not work. Seems like quicken has a pervasive problem and needs to focus on that and not tweaks to the bill pay feature. Do some blocking and tackles boys.
  • mwblum
    mwblum Member ✭✭
    Monday morning and still can't pay my bills via Chase. Will this ever get fixed?
  • Tom M
    Tom M Member ✭✭
    Mine now shows an OL-297-A error to Chase, "Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection". That makes no sense since Quicken was able to update my 5 other credit card card accounts my my 6 mutual fund accounts during the same One Step Update session.

I'm still letting it go for now, this kind of issue crops up so frequently but clears itself up in a few days I don't worry much about it. IT is a delicate system for it to have these kinds of problems so often.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Chase Bank, Error OL-297-A during One Step Update. Started to happen yesterday, Sunday Dec 13, 2020. Access to Chase thru my browser is working. I'm also unable to reset the online connection in Quicken account settings for the Chase account.
    Quicken User since 1998
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭
    I am running the latest edition of Quicken and am current on all updates.  As of on Sunday 12/13 I receive an OL-293 error when I attempt to perform a one step update with Chase.
  • LuMax
    LuMax Member ✭✭
    "Chase Bank, Error OL-297-A during One Step Update. Started to happen yesterday, Sunday." Exact same here, continues today, Monday morning.
  • JeffG35578
    JeffG35578 Member ✭✭
    Getting this as well for the past several days...
  • LuMax
    LuMax Member ✭✭
    > @LuMax said:
    > "Chase Bank, Error OL-297-A during One Step Update. Started to happen yesterday, Sunday." Exact same here, continues today, Monday morning.

Oops, I meant OL-294-A not 297, sorry. They need an edit button here.
  • batstang2000
    batstang2000 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here, started Saturday morning, still getting errors today, Monday Dec 14, 2020.
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I have several accounts at Chase using two different ID/Passcode combinations. The accounts that are updated using EWC (Express Web Connect) are updated. Whereas, the accounts using DC (Direct Connect) are not updated and receive the OL-294-A error. It is a Quicken problem and not Chase, I think.

A question to others having this problem; how are your accounts setup with Chase? EWC or DC.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    A question to others having this problem; how are our accounts setup with Chase? EWC or DC
    Direct Connect
    Quicken User since 1998
  • I am using direct connect for 2 chase accounts.