Prompts me to send online payments that don't exsist

I have talked to 2 different techs about this. I have also seen other users with the same issue. When you try to exit Quicken, it prompts you to send online payments. There are none to send. When I go to the Bills and Income section, in the upper right corner it does show 1 payment to send. How do you make this go away???

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @clarkevans

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. From it looks like you're using your banks bill pay in this case which will help us narrow our search down a bit. When you were on the phone with support what exactly did you do? I know sometimes payments can get stuck in the online center. You can double check this by going across the top to tools > online center and then selecting the account that gives us the message. In this case your checking account. From there checking in any of the tabs to see if there's any online payments left lingering.

Once you get a chance let us know some more details. Let us also know if you were able to find anything in the online center as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Nothing in the Online Center. I checked all of the accounts. There has to be some way to clear this flag. It is annoying.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    @clarkevans

Sorry to hear about the difficulty of this ghost payment to send.
    It looks like this is the culprit:

To my eyes, it looks like it might be an old Quicken Bill Pay payment which is still haunting your file. (As QBP has been flat-out turned off by the old back-end vendor, Metavante, this payment will never go anywhere, and it will be persistent in your data file - until you delete it altogether.)

When you click on the paper airplane looking symbol (the 'send' action) does it indicate what the payment is about? Then go to the Register of the payment account and delete this payment. It can be a bit tricky to hunt it down and delete it; you might call support once more and have them screen share with you to help you get this sorted out. 
  • When I click the paper airplane it asks me for the vault password and simply logs onto Wells Fargo, my bank account and does nothing. There has to be some way to edit a file to make this go away.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @clarkevans

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • BobbieR
    BobbieR Member
    Thanks for a possible fix, will try it it the morning when my eyes are fresh.
  • Did the validate.......NO ERRORS !!!!!!!
    Now what ???????????????
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @clarkevans

Thank you for the additional detail,s although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I would next recommend super validating the file, to see if this process removes the payment to send a message.

To run this utility, open Quicken and go to the File menu > File Operations...

Hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard, and click on " Super Validate & Repair, while holding the keys down

The Validate & Repair window will open and mark the top box that should say "Supervalidate file" then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

If the trouble persists after completing this step, I would next contact support for advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Once again... this problem results in a tedious thread that just... dies. There seems to be NO SOLUTION to this issue. I too have the problem and have validated and super-validated my data file, logged out of and into my Quicken account, even crossed my fingers and said a little prayer and... nothing. It's infuriating that Quicken says there's a bill to pay but can offer absolutely no information about said billing: No payee, no date, no amount... nothing! (I'm really holding back on the political analogies right now!) >Sigh< I'm going to either live with and ignore the message for evermore, or I'll contact support directly and see if they can help. If I do the latter --and it works-- I'll be sure to come back here and tell y'all what worked, so we don't continue to perpetuate the sins of the past.
  • Yep.....This didn't do anything !!!!!! Customer service doesn't know how to fix it. It's going to take a programmer.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @clarkevans and @C9Belayer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

I am currently investigating this issue of prompts to send online payments and am actively seeking a data file for research purposes.

If you previously used the now discontinued Quicken Bill Pay and are receiving this error and would like to contribute an active data file, please leave a comment so I may reach out to you directly.

Thank you
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Is there a private way for me to send you a data file?
  • surffishsim
    surffishsim Member
    edited February 11
    [Removed-Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.