Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

SunTrust Bank Small Business will not download transactions

For about 10 days I have been unable to download transactions from SunTrust Bank Small Business. Earlier in that period, the download simply failed to pick up new transactions; now it gives a message that accounts appear to have been deleted. Resetting and reactivating the accounts does not help. This is not a password issue. Quicken sees the accounts and apparently sees correct current balances but does not see any transactions in the past two or three weeks.

Initially, several days ago, I had similar problems with my SunTrust personal accounts, but those have been corrected (by a change on Quicken's end of some sort, not anything I did). The business accounts still aren't downloading.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CovingtonCovington Member
    Accepted Answer
    Solved, thanks to a screen sharing session with Quicken Support. Briefly:

- The problem was that the date data in my Quicken file was somehow corrupted.

- The solution was:
    -- File, Export to QXF
    -- File, Make a new Quicken file and do not add any accounts to it
    -- In the new Quicken file, import the QXF
    -- Most if not all of the online connections for accounts will need to be deactivated and reactivated ("Link to existing account")
    -- If an account won't reconcile, download it again, and then go through it looking for problems. One of mine had a bogus opening balance.

Answers

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Covington,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Which connection type are you using to connect your SunTrust Business accounts (Express Web Connect, Direct Connect)? Also, when you attempted to deactivate/reactivate the accounts, did you reactivate through Add Account or through Setup Now?

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
  • R30.14 Build 27.1.30.14
    Express Web Connect
    Reset and Reactivate (the options shown to me on the menu)
    As I said, when I do that, Quicken sees the accounts (including also some personal accounts that are not in this Quicken file) but does not download recent transactions and, as of a couple of days ago, always says the accounts have been deleted.
  • Adding a new account (choosing Link to Existing) also has not worked.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update!

Next, I suggest you try to validate your data file by following the steps below.
    1. First, Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try Super validate file which is the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super validate file.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Super Validate did not help, and the log that was displayed did not mention any of these accounts.

I am thinking this is a problem between SunTrust and Quicken, because all my accounts developed this problem a few days ago, but the personal accounts (at SunTrust Bank rather than SunTrust Bank Small Business) recovered on their own. I didn't change anything.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Covington

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

At this time, I would recommend contacting support directly for a review of the logs to help determine the cause of this error message.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to research this issue further to provide a solution.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I am going to do that. I'm disappointed that Support does not read this forum.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Covington said:
     I'm disappointed that Support does not read this forum.
    Hello @Covington

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, although we apologize for any frustration.

The Quicken Community is a forum for Quicken Users to ask other Quicken Users questions and share concerns.  The community is moderated by a handful of Quicken Employees such as Quicken Tyka and myself.

We do our best to answer questions and troubleshoot as thoroughly as possible through the community, however, there are times that we need to investigate an issue further and may refer you to contact the Support Team who can work with you in real time using tools and resources, like screen-share to better troubleshoot and resolve issues.

I hope this information helps to explain why you may be referred to contact Support at times and please let us know how that contact goes.

Sarah
  • CovingtonCovington Member
    Accepted Answer
    Solved, thanks to a screen sharing session with Quicken Support. Briefly:

- The problem was that the date data in my Quicken file was somehow corrupted.

- The solution was:
    -- File, Export to QXF
    -- File, Make a new Quicken file and do not add any accounts to it
    -- In the new Quicken file, import the QXF
    -- Most if not all of the online connections for accounts will need to be deactivated and reactivated ("Link to existing account")
    -- If an account won't reconcile, download it again, and then go through it looking for problems. One of mine had a bogus opening balance.