Paycheck transfers-better to set up separate transfers after check is deposited?

I've had nothing but problems with paychecks. I set them up using the wizard, and had problems with transfers from the primary account to other banking/investment accounts. And, I've also had problems with the transaction in the primary account showing up in the register as the amount of a transfer to another account. Also, sounds like this may be caused by syncing with Quicken Cloud/Mobile from what I've seen in researching this.
Would it be better to do manual transfers from the primary account to the other accounts with separate transactions after paycheck is deposited, or does anyone know???

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    "Would it be better to do manual transfers from the primary account to the other accounts with separate transactions after paycheck is deposited, or does anyone know??? "
    I've never used the paycheck wizard and, aside from problems with the paycheck wizard per se, Quicken's cloud/synch/mobiile/EWC issues certainly are causing their own problems with people's data.  Given all that I'll admit "I don't know" the answer to your question, but I know the approach I'd use to find out.
    If "transfers" out of the paycheck seem to be the main issue I'd probably eliminate those transfers from the paycheck wizard and leave behind just the normal deductions, then I'd manually enter the transfers and monitor the situation for at least a couple of paychecks to see if things improve.  If you go this route then you'll want to delete the download of the net paycheck from the bank - it's not going to match anything in your register - and after determining that the sum of the "simple" paycheck and the transfers do come back to the net paycheck, mark all of those transactions with a "c" in the CLR column.  That will preserve your ability to reconcile.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I look at this completely differently.

If you research Quicken Cloud Sync problems you will see that the paycheck problem is just one of the problems it has caused.  Others are deleted memorized payees, deleted accounts, reconciled transactions becoming unreconciled, and the list goes on.  Sure this doesn't happen to everyone, but it is certainly happening to quite a few people.

So I wouldn't be looking for a way workaround the current problem, I would avoid using Quicken Cloud Sync.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/