Using View->Use Large Fonts and the Reconcile popup window does not increase in size.

Richard249
Richard249 Member ✭✭
I have had to start using the View->Use Large Fonts selection Yr2020VerR30.14Bld27.1.30.14. This increases the size of all the fonts and makes reading Quicken easier, ie Reports->Reports & Graphs Center popup screen . All of the pop up screens/windows except the Reconcile increase in size. I have tried using the Alt w/dragging the window to enlarge the window and this works, just clicking/holding and dragging works, the window will stay enlarged until I backup then if I look at Reconcile again I must enlarge the window again. Is this something that Quicken should fix to be consistent within the application?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Richard249,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I tested your issue to see if I could replicate it and verify if this may or may not be a program bug but was unable to do so as large fonts did work as expected for me in the reconcile screen.

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this may be caused by an issue within your data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account and add a "dummy" account and transactions for testing purposes (you can create a manual account by select "+Offline Account")

After adding accounts and transactions, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
  • Richard249
    Richard249 Member ✭✭
    Hi – Sorry it has taken so long to get back. Crazy times.

I created the ‘dummy’ account as you suggested and put $100 in it. Then I put a $10 and $20 payment in it. Then I went to Tools->Reconcile and the window that opened I needed to drag the right margin over to increase its size.

Everything worked ok until I backed up the file and then did the Tools->Reconcile again. This time the pop up window returned small again. I had to click and drag the right margin to make this window large enough to work with my regular data file.

Each time I open Quicken in the morning I need to click and drag the right margin of just the Reconcile window to make it large enough to read its contents.

The dummy file did not change anything. I don’t think the problem is a corrupted data file.