Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Are any of you using Quicken on the Web?

I was just curious if anyone is using Quicken on the Web. I set it up a couple days ago, but honestly think it's useless. You need to view your investment returns in the evening since they go back to zero in the morning. It also takes a few minutes to update each time.
I'm only interested in daily performance, so no interest in the other features.

When you do a One Step Update, you can also go to investing.quicken.com. I don't have a clue what the purpose of that site is. It never seems to update my portfolio performance for the day and usually has old information.
Last night was a typical example:
Quicken on the Web showed a loss for the day of $4900
Investing.quicken.com showed a loss for the day of $1200
Actually Quicken on the Web was correct and agreed with my Desktop this morning.

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gary R,

Yes, rather quite a few people are using Quicken on the Web (App.Quicken.com), with the understanding that it is not a replacement for the complete Quicken software or your Quicken data file (on your desktop/laptop computer). To ensure you've got the App.Quicken.com enabled to it's full potential, please see this article.

Separately, Investing.Quicken.com is also useful, but not a replacement for the complete software/data file on your computer. To get the full and best advantage of Investing.Quicken.com, you might review that you've got everything set up completely.  Investing.Quicken.com is designed to allow you to view your portfolio, including shares, from anywhere you have internet access.

Both App.Quicken.com and Investing.Quicken.com are complimentary to - but not a replacement for - the full, complete, Quicken software and data file which are designed to be run off your local computer.

Hope this helps you better understand the utility and value of the complimentary App and Investing tools.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭
    I'll review the set up and appreciate your comments---However, I used to be notified via email when someone replied to my questions. No notifications now
    I just happened to check back and saw your comment.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭
    Honestly, I have no idea what these web based apps accomplish. I set them up correctly. This morning Quicken on the Web shows Zero investment performance. It starts the day with Zero. You have to view it at night to see daily gains or losses and it takes 5 minutes to load.

There was another now Quicken product to track investments for $2.99 a month, but you can't import your data---This would be a complete waste of time since you have to enter everything manually.