Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

can't get into Schwab banking. I am using correct password.

I tried today to update my Schwab banking account because I'm using it now when I didn't in the past. Told Quicken to update it. Put CORRECT PASSWORD and user name that I use to get into Schwab website. Keeps telling me incorrect password.
Related issue:
Since I'm paying annual subscription, seems like I should be entitled to phone support but in 2 different browsers, after I'm logged into Quicken website and click phone support, NOTHING HAPPENS. What's up with the phone support for paying subscription customers, or lack thereof?
Thanks.

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sideways

Which version of Quicken are you using?  Phone support is included with your subscription IF you've purchased the Premier or higher level.  However you can try the Chat support - Here's te link for Quicken Support http://www.quicken.com/contact-support

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way...

Other users have been having problems recently with Schwab, so it may not be your password.  Here's a link to that thread/discussion https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884697/transaction-download-from-schwab-stopped-working-this-morning-getting-ol-301-a-errors

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the Schwab site if you click on Services and then Security Center and scroll down on that page is "Enable third party access" checked?
  • sidewayssideways Member
    Frankx, thank you for your quick reply.
    Support: The link you provided me is the one I click on where nothing happens. In my first message, I mistakenly said "phone support" but it's just labeled support. When I used the link directly, again, nothing happens.

What Tom Young said may be answer to password question. But Schwab site keeps hanging when I try to get to Security, even though other stuff works. So will try later.

Thanks again.
    That may be answer to password question, since I haven't downloaded from Schwab in several years, this is probably new. But Schwab site keeps hanging when I try to get to Security, even though other stuff works. So will try later.
    Thanks!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sideways said:
    Frankx, thank you for your quick reply.
    Support: The link you provided me is the one I click on where nothing happens. In my first message, I mistakenly said "phone support" but it's just labeled support. When I used the link directly, again, nothing happens.

What Tom Young said may be answer to password question. But Schwab site keeps hanging when I try to get to Security, even though other stuff works. So will try later.

Thanks again.

Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat / phone support selection to function
    These are my old notes regarding Schwab:
    Logon to your Internet account at Schwab's website and make sure that in your profile, Security Center, "Third Party Access" is set to "Allow".
    Wait several minutes before attempting to download from Quicken again.
    Quicken Mac users: Make sure that your account is connected to Schwab using the "Direct Connect"  method by clicking the "Options" button in the Add Account screen.
    If all else fails, call Schwab Support.
    edited January 3
    Thanks. Browser is allowing popups.
    I guess I'll have to try calling Schwab, though it's a problem with Quicken since I CAN get into Schwab's site just fine. [Removed-Inaccurate]
    Thanks for all your help, Frankx, Tom Young, and UKR.
  • frenchguy48frenchguy48 Member
    Same problem here. Unfortunately, Schwab's tech folks solution is a backup and restore which takes forever and duplicates every transaction in every other account from the restore point to date. To top it off, that's not a permanent fix. And the reset account solution doesn't work because Quicken claims there are transactions to be entered in the register even though there are none to be found.
  • frenchguy48frenchguy48 Member
    Here's what shows in the Schwab Security center. But still no access via Quicken. The ENABLE button is checked though not showing on the cut/paste

Third-Party Access to Account Information
    You can provide third parties, like tax preparation programs, access to your account information at Schwab.
    Enabling access may impact the privacy and security of your accounts. If you choose to share your login credentials with third parties, their activities in your account will be considered authorized.

Read More About Third-Party Access and Your Account
    OFX

Enable Third-Party Access
    You are enabling access to your account information through this channel (OFX protocol). Access will be enabled with your login ID and password alone, even if you have activated a token or other two-factor authentication method.
    If you share your credentials with any third-party to access your account information, their activities in your account will be considered authorized.

Disable Third-Party Access
    You are disabling access to your account information through this channel (OFX protocol).