Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Really weird: bogus transfers messing up real-life bank accounts

Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
This is a strange one. Bear with me. The following issue is with Bank of America-All Other States using Direct Connect via QWin Subscription.
On 10/19/20 I transferred $9,900 from savings to checking using an online transfer (OXfr).
On 11/18/20 I transferred $15,000 from savings to checking also using an OXfr.
That is all fine. Now here is where the problem begins.
On 12/7/20 2 transfers occurred from savings to checking without me having initiated them. They were for $9,900 and $15,000; i.e., duplicates of my 2 transfers from previous months. The description on the B of A web site is the same as my purposely entered transfers, "Online Banking transfer from SAV" in the checking account. So from the B of A site, these bogus transfers look exactly the same as ones I made purposely in Quicken. I phoned the bank and the rep could not identify the source of the transfers, nor could she reverse them. (My savings account has a limited number of withdrawals per month and I didn't want to waste any.)
Then this happened again yesterday, 12/15/20. The same 2 transfers recurred in exactly the same way. Once again I phoned the bank and the phone rep on this call was also unable to determine the problem. I did get a little farther; she said she would contact the "back office" and have the transfers cancelled within 3 business days. I'm not sure how they can do this, because the transfers do not show up anywhere on the B of A site as recurring.
So my question is: has anyone had this kind of problem with Direct Connect transfers made in Quicken and/or have any ideas for me? Trust me that these are not repeating online transactions in Quicken or at the bank. They appear to be coming out of nowhere.
Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.