Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Asking for Social Security when setting up a PNC bank account

I had some issues with my PNC Accounts so I did a full back and deactivate the accounts. When I went to reactive them by selecting "Set Up Now" from the Display Options tab it came back and asked me for Social Security number and Quicken Pin to log into PNC.. I have never seen that before and I have used Quick over 15 years. It always asked for the Banks Login ID and Password to access the bank accounts. Is this something new and what is a Quicken Pin

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we set up the Direct Connect connection method, the authentication credentials used may not be the same as we use with the financial institutions web site.  For PNC Bank - Direct Connect, the credentials are the primary account holder's social security number and a PIN.
  • don.benkeser
    don.benkeser Member ✭✭
    Well, I am having the same problem and my SS# and PIN do not work.
  • newittja
    newittja Member
    I had this issue when I had to reset my account. The PIN you need to use is the one that was mailed to you from PNC. Even if you changed it (which you must do), when you reset your account it goes back to expecting this PIN that was mailed. If you didn't keep the paper (like me), then you need to request a new PIN to be mailed to you. Unfortunately, with the current USPS issues this is taking more than 2 weeks since I requested mine.