Is there setup that allows drill down to uncategorized transactions as reported on the "Home Screen"

On my home screen, a list of uncategorized transactions are displayed. That is great. However, when clicking on an uncategorized transaction nothing happens. One would expect a drilldown to the register in order to select a category. In fact, if memory serves right this was a feature in a previous release. Is there a setup that I am missing or is drilldown unavailable? If unavailable then I suggest it be added to a future release.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a way to get to the Account, though slightly cumbersome.  Having selected the transaction you want to investigate, click the gearwheel that's on that line and select "Edit transaction(s)."  That brings up the Find and Replace edit window with that transaction listed.  Then double click on that transaction and you're placed on that transaction in the Account.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the Home tab, but the uncategorized transactions have always and continue to be addressable on the Spending tab.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing any difference in behavior between the Home and Spending tabs here.
    If I double click on an uncategorized transaction in either tab I'm not automatically placed on that transaction in a register.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Just run a spending report, you can expand the categorized section and then double click on the individual transactions to edit them.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Young said:
    I'm not seeing any difference in behavior between the Home and Spending tabs here.
    If I double click on an uncategorized transaction in either tab I'm not automatically placed on that transaction in a register.

When single clicking the Uncategorized Transaction button, you should be taken to the following register to correct the missing category. If you do not see this, I would try a validation.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • My Home and Spending act the same way, cannot double click to get to the register view.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    As @GeoffG says, the screen he shows should allow you to edit the transactions directly.  I was able to correct several uncategorized transactions by just clicking on the category or split icon in the highlighted transactions under spending.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • There could be a difference between hosted and local install. I have a local install on my PC.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Home and Spending act the same way, cannot double click to get to the register view.

That's correct. You're already in an "All Transactions" register filtered view where you can edit transactions directly. You can customize the view to switch to 2-line view and add or remove columns as needed.
    As to "can't double-click to get to the register view", same as double-clicking a transaction in a report view or "go to matching transfer" in a register view ... wouldn't that be nice to have ...