Quicken is not keeping my passwords in the password vault

Hi, I am having a problem with my Password Vault. I am running Year 2020, Version R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14. Several times over the past 2 weeks, I have clicked on the One Step Update, I entered my Dataset name and then noticed that none of my passwords were stored in the vault. I reentered all passwords, clicked the Save checkbox next to each, then clicked the Apply button. I then run the One Step UPdate.

Several days later I go into the Password Vault and my passwords are all missing again. This has happened 5 times now. Why is Quicken not saving my passwords in the vault?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to recent changes in the download process passwords for Accounts that use the EWC method no longer maintain passwords in the password vault.  They are instead stored on the Quicken server.
    Any chance this change is what you're seeing?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an article that explains what Tom Young stated:

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • apont53
    apont53 Member ✭✭
    > @"Tom Young" said:
    > Due to recent changes in the download process passwords for Accounts that use the EWC method no longer maintain passwords in the password vault.  They are instead stored on the Quicken server.Any chance this change is what you're seeing?

It may be why I don't see my passwords in the password vault, however, when I run One Step Update the Update Now button is greyed out. If I click the Apply button a window pops asking me to enter my passwords.
  • Hello @apont53

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

After this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and see if the passwords are now being saved.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I have a Quicken Premier subscription. For quite a long time now, One Step Update has not remembered its settings. To update all my accounts, I ALWAYS have to go into settings, check all the boxes, and then click Update Now. Clicking Apply or Close does not cause the settings to be saved. It wasn't always like this, but I don't remember when it stopped working. It's highly annoying.