Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Need a check image from BoA

Sorry for the category - there isn't one for my question. I wrote a $486 check thru Quicken for Windows (annual subscription) and my bank account shows the check was cashed. The check recipient claims they never got the check. I need an image of the check to see who signed it when it was cashed or deposited. How do I go about getting an image? My bank is Bank of America. Maybe they can supply an image?

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    BofA should be able to supply the needed information.  Many checking accounts provide the ability to view cleared checks online.  Was the check processed through Check Pay or some other payment method?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • thornev
    thornev Member
    Thanks, jrich. I called BoA but have to wait 2 weeks (images are sent via snail mail). Check was via Quicken Bill Pay which is now BoA BillPay. If I can, I'd like the image sooner. I've already looked online at my BoA account but found nothing other than submitting an inquiry. I called to inquire, hence the 2-week wait.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    thornev said:  I've already looked online at my BoA account but found nothing other than submitting an inquiry.
    When on the BoA website, and looking at your account - do you see the check transaction ?   Does it just show the transaction and amount, with no icon for viewing the actual check image - and you have to "request" the image.... bummer ?
    Our Chase has it right there -
    Our PNC had some hoops, but it was loaded for viewing usually that same day.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • thornev
    thornev Member
    There is an icon to indicate a paper check was issued but no way to view or print it. Had to fill out a form to request an image. Yup, bummer.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thornev said:
    Thanks, jrich. I called BoA but have to wait 2 weeks (images are sent via snail mail). Check was via Quicken Bill Pay which is now BoA BillPay. If I can, I'd like the image sooner. I've already looked online at my BoA account but found nothing other than submitting an inquiry. I called to inquire, hence the 2-week wait.

Are you connected to BoA via Direct Connect Protocol or via Express Web Connect?

"Check was via Quicken Bill Pay which is now BoA BillPay." ?

Are you accessing BoA via https://www.bankofamerica.com/  or logging in from Merrill Edge:  https://olui2.fs.ml.com/login/signin.aspx?sgt=3

For viewing images, login straight from Bank of America.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• thornev
    thornev Member
    I login directly to BoA, not Merrill. Not sure if I'm Direct Connect or Express Web. How can I tell? Viewing images works only for checks I write from my checkbook, not for checks that I requested that BoA issue and mail i.e. Billpay.
  • thecreator

So you are not using Quicken's Online Center under Tools?

You wrote: "Check was via Quicken Bill Pay which is now BoA BillPay."  Are you using a browser to log into Bank of America and pay bills by its Free Bill Pay Service?

I am confuse by your terminology you are using?

Open your Bank of America Register and look at the top. It will tell you. See Direct Connect for me.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• thornev
    thornev Member
    I'm Direct Connect. I do not login to BoA and use their Billpay. I use Quicken for Windows and request that Quicken issue checks. But Quicken Billpay is no more. The service is now executed by BoA, not Intuit.
  • thornev
    thornev Member
    Oh... No, I don't use Online Center under Tools. I use UPDATE > ONE STEP UPDATE > select my account. But now I see that TOOLS > ONLINE CENTER is easier...thank you !
  • thecreator

That's wrong.

See:

I use Quicken to upload my checks to my Bank Bill Pay as shown in the image.

I can login into my Bank's Website and view and print the front and back of the check to a PDF image of the check.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    thornev said:
    Viewing images works only for checks I write from my checkbook, not for checks that I requested that BoA issue and mail i.e. Billpay.
    This is the key.
    @thornev seems to be doing everything correctly. B of A does not provide Direct Connect Bill Pay check images online even when they end up printing and mailing a check to the payee. Perhaps PNC bank does it differently.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • thornev
    thornev Member
    BoA just told me here's how their Billpay works: "This is a check drawn on our account and is mailed to the Pay To accounts a few days before the "Deliver By" date. The funds to cover the payment are deducted from your Pay From account on the "Deliver By" date. The payment will be listed on your statement under the Pay To account name." So I'm hoping they can stop payment on the check because in another message it sounds like they're telling me there is no check image to send me.