"Select Accounts" window not showing Capital Gains Estimator Tool.

"Select Accounts" window not showing in the Capital Gains Estimator Tool. There is no place to select and deselect investment accounts to use in the capital gains estimator. Using Canadian Edition of Quicken (Windows) - Home & Business 2020 Version R28.15 Build 27.1.28.15

Is anyone else running into this problem?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hjw200

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Is this the first time that you have used the Capital Gains Estimator Tool or have you used it successfully before?

If you think an account is missing from this list, be sure to check its tax attributes.

The Capital Gains Estimator does not include tax-deferred accounts or hidden accounts.

Please let us know what you find!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • hjw200
    hjw200 Member ✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka, Thank you for your reply.

I have been trying to use the Capital Gains Estimator for the last three years (Usually at this time of year as it is a tax planning-before-year-end-kind of thing for me). Each of those years I have been hoping that the problem was an unintended impact of an update and that a subsequent update will have resolved it. I have successfully used it quite a few years ago (I have been using quicken since the early 1990's). I have just reverted back to spreadsheets since it stopped working.

All of the securities in my 4 non-tax deferred accounts show up, but there is no "Select Accounts" window to let me deselect any of those accounts.

The help screens for the capital gains estimator indicate I should be able to do this and they give instructions on how to select accounts using the "select accounts" window (see attached). My problem is that there is no "select accounts" window or similar menu items to use to include or exclude accounts.

Seems like a bug in the Canadian Version.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    Hello @hjw200

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I also do not have an option to select accounts in the Capital Gains Estimator.

I will be reporting this issue as I am able to reliably recreate this. I do not have an ETA to provide but I will be back with an update as soon as I have more information.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

CTP-1436
    ~~~***~~~
  • hjw200
    hjw200 Member ✭✭
    Thank you
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING 4/15/21

No ETA is available.

CTP-1436