Loan payment date not recalculating to reflect additional principal

I have been making additional principal payments to my home mortgage however the "Payoff Date" for the loan is not changing to reflect these payments. Instead, the date remains the same but now shows a large "balloon payment". This is not a balloon mortgage. Any ideas why additional principal payments are not updating the balance/payoff date.

I have the loan set that "total determines additional principal" and I enter the additional principal as a separate line item in the split with the same payor as the initial principal.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @vinabu,

Have you setup this mortgage account in Quicken as a "download" loan account?  Do you have a register for this mortgage, or not.  I believe that this issue may be the result of the way the account was initially established in Quicken.

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • vinabu
    vinabu Member
    Sorry for the delay. I do not "download" this account. I manually enter the payments every month.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window(*) showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

(*)
    I'd be interested to see the Loan Details view with the graph portion of the loan.
    How much extra principal are you paying each month?
    Are you  using the Scheduled Reminder that is created by Quicken during Loan Setup or how else do you record the monthly payment?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.