Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to see what is new in Bills & Income

Almost every day, I see a blue dot on the Bills & Income tab after doing an online update. When there is a new amount due for a bill, it is obvious at a glance. The amount and date due shows clearly for that biller. Other days, there is no new amount due for any biller but the tab still indicates that something has changed. I assume it is a new statement for one of the billers but there is no visual indication which one it might be. I've noticed that statements sometimes trail the amount due notification by many days/weeks. I'd like to be able to know quickly what is new. Am I missing something?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wmiller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

One way that may help is to sort them by Due Date which will give you a checkbox option to select Show recent activity (see below). This will add an additional column to your Bill & Income tab and date range setting to show all recent changes made for each bill in the specified time frame.

May I ask which filter settings do you currently have selected to view your Online Billers?

Please, check back and let us know.
    -Quicken Anja
  • wmiller
    wmiller Member ✭✭
    I'm on Quicken for Windows 2020 R30.14. When I do the sort option that you suggested, I only see a checkbox for Show recent payments, not recent activity. That does add a column which shows payments but still doesn't show anything that which indicates what is new from the most recent update.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with the op.  My experience is that the blue dot has no correlation with what is going on.  Moreover, what is going on is not much!  For example I had a biller last entered on Nov 20 showing nothing as due which clearly should've been for today, Dec. 21  I refreshed that biller and it updated to the proper due amount.  IMHO, someone needs to audit the outside provider that is supposedly updating bills as they are not doing what they should be doing.

Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home