Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can I not mark transactions in brokerage accounts as "reconciled"?

I have two different brokerage accounts and I cannot mark transactions in either of them as reconciled. My other bank accounts do not have this problem.

One brokerage account has a separate cash account, while the second one has cash and stocks in the same account. When I select the transactions in the brokerage account or the linked cash accounts, it let's me select transactions (or the entire account) that I want to reconcile, but when I hit reconcile, the dialog goes away but it just doesn't do anything.

I use this as a way of keeping track of transactions that are aligned with the bank - so, I find this a very annoying gap :/

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    moodybaaz said:
    Let me clarify my question:
    I can reconcile individual transaction in my brokerage account. However, I was hoping to mark all my stock transactions as reconciled rather than one at a time.

Is there a way to bulk reconcile all stock transactions in a brokerage account (just like I can do in cash/checking accounts)?

Thanks!
    To bulk reconcile all stock transactions in a brokerage account, press Ctrl + R.

You may need to set Show cash in a checking account set to No before reconciling.  You may set Show cash in a checking account set back to Yes afterwards.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10

Answers

To mark a transaction as Reconciled in an investment account, I suggest you left-click on the Clr pull-down menu of the transaction and choose Reconciled.

We may not reconcile (press Ctrl + R) investments accounts that have Show cash in a checking account set to Yes: press Ctrl + Shift + E
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • moodybaazmoodybaaz Member ✭✭
    I can reconcile individual transaction in my brokerage account. However, I was hoping to mark all my stock transactions as reconciled rather than one at a time.

Is there a way to bulk reconcile all stock transactions in a brokerage account (just like I can do in cash/checking accounts)?

Thanks!
    Accepted Answer
    moodybaaz said:

Thanks!
    To bulk reconcile all stock transactions in a brokerage account, press Ctrl + R.

You may need to set Show cash in a checking account set to No before reconciling.  You may set Show cash in a checking account set back to Yes afterwards.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • moodybaazmoodybaaz Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Once I set "No" to Show cash in a checking account, I can bulk reconcile - otherwise, I cannot. Seems like a bug in Quicken.

However, this has unblocked me for this. Thank you!