Deactivate button is grayed for online update

My bank has online updates messed up and told me I need to deactivate and reactivate my account to get it to work but that option is greyed out.
I need some help on this asap

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ajessen,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. Let's try to help you get sorted out. 
    From within Quicken, at the top of your screen, click on Tools > Account List. On the row of the account you would like to work on - in the Transaction Download column, what does it say there?

Does it say Web Connect, or Express Web Connect or Direct Connect? Or does it say nothing at all, like the E TRADE-cash account, in the example above?

From the limited information provided, it sounds like the account might already be offline. 
    Can you add a screenshot to show us how your systems is displaying, please? 
    What bank are you working with?
    What version of Quicken are you using? (Help > About Quicken)
    Please tell us more about your exact circumstances so we might be better able to help you.
    If need be, you are welcome to contact support directly. Support might ask to view your screen to help you troubleshoot this. 
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    yes express web connect
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    I have tried to get them on line but that link doesnt work
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    This is what happens when I try to edit the online tab
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    OK, from the row of the Account List, the account in question shows the Transaction Download column shows "Yes (Express Web Connect)" - indicating this account is connect to the bank via EWC. 

From the Account List pop-up box, in the row of the account you are working on, click the Edit button. In the next Account Details pop-up box, the Deactivate button is grayed-out and un-clickable? Do I understand your situation correctly?
    What about the Reset Account button? Is that grayed-out too?

From your screen shot, it looks like your BMO Checking account Last Downloaded today at 1:46pm - did you not get new download transactions into your account register?
    When you did the One Step Update, did you get any sort of error message, and if so, exactly what did the message say?
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    OK, try to take the account offline. (Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services > Deactivate. Then go back and try to add and LINK the account again. What happens? From your screen shots and description, I'm not yet seeing anything that definitively tells me "that's the problem here".

To really help you get this sorted out, you might contact support directly. The support person may well ask to you to screen share in order to see exactly what's going on and to help you get it resolved.
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    The online services tab is greyed out and I get the name in use error when I click on it
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    edited December 2020
    I tried to get a hold of them directly and that link crashes. I have about had it with this program. I have used it since 1994 and now it is total [Removed]
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    Support page
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    What happens when you click the dark blue "Close" button in the lower right hand corner of the Top Issues pop-up box?
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    can you show me a screen shot . I am getting all flustered here
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before attempting to restore a Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of the Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

This other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud accountappropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    I am going to have to try this tomorrow. Brain is just too fryed after messing with this and the bank all afternoon. If I could get ahold of someone at quicken I would give them access to fix this.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @ajessen - I sent you a private message with the direct contact information for support.