Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

American Express downloads failing- mobile app and web interface

Hi. Since this past Sunday I’ve been unable to download transactions for my American Express accounts for Quicken on the We. Or Quicken mobile (iPhone). Quicken desktop does NOT have this problem! Here’s the error message from Quicken on the Web.
“This financial institution needs your attention
We are unable to connect to American Express at this time.Care Code: 323.”
A refresh or swipe/Fix does not solve this. It’s now Wednesday and still not working. Any ideas?

Answers

• cbraudy
    cbraudy Member
    Anyone else having this problem or a resolution? Since 12/20, Quicken mobile and Quicken on the Web return an error trying to sync / download new Amex transactions. I’ve posted this in other forums but so far no response. Quicken team? You reading this by any chance? This is quite frustrating.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we see your multiple postings on the same subject.
    Quicken staff is out for the holiday.
    There was an AmEx issue a while back which required some action on the AmEx web site. I don't know whether this affects Mobile & Web because, like most super-users, I stay far away from those troublesome features. But maybe it will help:
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • cbraudy
    cbraudy Member
    Thanks for the note -- I too saw that old Amex issue. On a call with Quicken support this past Monday, the rep said there is a block applied by AMEX on Monday's for web / mobile access. If so, that block is still in place. I'm not betting on this being the full story as I see nothing posted on the known issues list for this -- though the support rep in Guatamela City was quite helpful and really new the product features ...
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @cbraudy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

If you have not done so already, I would next perform the steps outlined here.

Please let me know if the trouble persists after completing the steps or if they resolve the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~