Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

After Quicken downgrade to STARTER - my property and debt section will not work

csd50854csd50854 Member ✭✭
I renewed my quicken from Home and business to starter. I closed my business so did not need the whole thing. My problem is in the property and debt section it will not let me add this month onto my income category. The register will not go beyond what is there it is as though it is locked. The next line isn't grayed out so I can't use it is just not there .

Best Answer

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Starter version is very limited.  The only account types supported are:
    Checking
    Credit Card
    Savings
    Cash

All other account types from the higher editions become read-only.

You should have picked at least the Deluxe edition to get loans and assets like the house.

There is also many more limitation in the Starter edition.  Like no annual budget, no reporting on tags, ...  That edition is meant for exactly how it sounds, a person starting their financial life with just basic accounts.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Starter version is very limited.  The only account types supported are:
    Checking
    Credit Card
    Savings
    Cash

All other account types from the higher editions become read-only.

You should have picked at least the Deluxe edition to get loans and assets like the house.

There is also many more limitation in the Starter edition.  Like no annual budget, no reporting on tags, ...  That edition is meant for exactly how it sounds, a person starting their financial life with just basic accounts.

• csd50854csd50854 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    So can I upgrade to deluxe and just pay the difference between starter and deluxe? I just downgraded to starter yesterday
  • csd50854csd50854 Member ✭✭
    CAN I CHANGE THE ACCOUNT TYPE TO A CASH ACCOUNT WITHOUT LOSING MY DATA?
    csd50854 said:
    So can I upgrade to deluxe and just pay the difference between starter and deluxe? I just downgraded to starter yesterday
    See this:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription

csd50854 said:
    CAN I CHANGE THE ACCOUNT TYPE TO A CASH ACCOUNT WITHOUT LOSING MY DATA?
    Quicken has extremely limited ability to change account types.  It isn't possible to change a property account type to a cash account.  You could use this to move the transactions (I'm not sure about the deleting part of this though given that that account type is suppose to be read-only in the Starter edition).
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/17263538