I have been unable to update from Wells Fargo for 3 weeks

I read through problem solving and deactivated all of my accounts and tried to set up online updates again. I do get the screen with my accounts to select and match in Quicken. Once that is done it repeatedly asks for me to submit for an advanced access gode, I chose text each time and recieved the code. Last time it was 12 times getting and entering codes over 1.5 hours. This time (today) I have requested and recieved codes 8 times. Finally I get an error message - Quicken is having trouble connecting to Wells Fargo Bank. No error code: It says sorry, we encountered an error(It's not your fault).

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @JimL

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

An "It's not your fault" error will require you to contact support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

I would consider waiting until Monday and contacting support by phone for assistance with this error.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @JimL

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

An "It's not your fault" error will require you to contact support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

I would consider waiting until Monday and contacting support by phone for assistance with this error.

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • alanneibauer
    alanneibauer Member ✭✭
    have had this problem for a month now. for several weeks i received error messages that the update failed. then i started trying to create a new file/account and receive cc501 error that the fault is not mine and don't contact wells fargo about it.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Hello @alanneibauer

A "501" error will also require you to contact Quicken support for a review of the log files for an escalation to resolve.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • After (literally) years of monthly downloads with no problems, Quicken Connect stopped downloading from Wells Fargo in December. All of my other bank accounts connect and download with no problem. I get a "synch error" message, so have tried to re-enter the bank password, etc. and re-establish connection. Using Quicken Deluxe 6..0.3 on Mac OS 10.15.7. Any tips?
  • JimL
    JimL Member
    With the latest update Wells Fargo is downloading again. Who knows for how long.
  • alanneibauer
    alanneibauer Member ✭✭
    I still cannot download from Wells Fargo Advisors...but WF Bank works. Trying to create a new file and add WFA still gives a message not to contact Wells Fargo about it. Extremely frustrating after years of using Quicken, and doubting it is worth continuing.
This discussion has been closed.