Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't link existing Capital one credit card account

Levoy HLevoy H SuperUser, Windows Beta, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
I have an existing CapOne CC that was linked for downloads before CapOne change their security.  I finally decided to go through setup process to fix the downloads.  I go to Account details and hit the Setup Now button.  I go through the login and validation and the final screen gives my the last 4 of the card number but no choice to link it to existing.  When I finish the setup Quicken creates a new account.  Now I have 2 accounts for the same card, but the transactions are split between the two accounts.

Answers

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Levoy H - I haven't had any issues setting up & connecting my CapOne CC so I can't speak to your situation from that perspective.  But if I did and after having setting up the 2nd CapOne CC successfully I would probably seriously consider moving all the transactions from my old CapOne CC account to the new account and then, after verifying that the move completed properly, deleting the old CapOne CC account.  Have you tried or considered doing that?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R31.8 on Windows 10)
  • Levoy HLevoy H SuperUser, Windows Beta, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Boatnmaniac I have considered doing the move, but the cleanup is going to be a mess.  I've reconnected accounts many times over the years - with many banks - and this is the first time I've run into something like this.  The screens I'm getting are nothing like what I'm used to.  If I don't get any better ideas this is probably what I'll try (on a backup copy!).