Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why Two Factor Authorization for access to my CU not working.

With all the issues I had with Datasets full and not being able to do a restore, I was told it was due to security. Now I am experiencing an issue where when trying to download my transactions, it sporadically is not asking for a two factor authentication for my CU access before if goes ahead with the download. I do not get any new transactions, but I also do not get any kind of notification or error code that download could not load. Is this a security problem that I need to report to Quicken as a problem? I'm suspecting so, because to enter my CU website it always send a 2FA code request before it lets me in without fail.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @TJ102

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

Do you receive the 2FA prompt when updating using this method?

Also, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TJ102
    TJ102 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was required to reset my quicken file password, I did. I'll work with it for a while and see how it does. Thanks! I'm wondering if by chance that it will not ask for a 2FA code if it knows there's no transactions to download. If that is the case, my question is answered for now, if changing  my Quicken file password corrects the problem I will come back to yes my question was answered.
  • TJ102
    TJ102 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It "appears" to me that when I try to download from my CU that the CU knows if there are transactions to be downloaded. If there are none, then  do not get the request to need a 2FA code. Another piece of "genius" in the security and convenience battle. My CU just installed a new digital platform for their platform. Thanks Tyka!