Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot Add FedLoan Servicing Accounts

Hello. I am attempting to add my student loan accounts from FedLoan Servicing. Another user had this same problem in November. It will connect successfully, but under "We Found The Following Accounts", it will list my loans with Type as "* Unsupported" and Action as "Don't Add to Quicken". On the bottom of the dialog, there is a message that says "Express Web Connect does not support transaction download for brokerage accounts. To activate transaction download for this account: click Add Account and select Brokerage as the account type".

Obviously, my student loans are not brokerage accounts. I added a brokerage account to Quicken and repeated the process with no success. I wonder if there is a bug in the way that FedLoan Servicing is generating their account lists.

What should I do to get this working?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 31 Accepted Answer
    Hello @dpalma

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of the test. If you are able to connect in a new file and not in the original file, this usually points to the issue being related to the data file itself.

I would return to the starting or original file and run the validate utility from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    edited December 2020
    Hello @UserSince2003

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Are these accounts being added for the first time or were they previously connected for transaction download?

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps at the link below.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216235

I am able to successfully add my FedLoan accounts at this time and do not receive a message about a brokerage. So there does not appear to be a global issue at the moment.

Please let me know if the steps work to correct the issue!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dpalma
    dpalma Member
    I am having the same problem. I am running version: R30.14; Build: 27.1.30.14. Can we have a resolution?
  • dpalma
    dpalma Member
    First time adding the accounts
  • Hello:

My version is R30.14 build 27.1.30.14

The link you provided below is broken, but I have already looked up those steps on archive.org and they do not apply, as FedLoan servicing is not in my list of current connections.

These accounts are being added for the first time and they were never previously connected for transaction download.

Note that another user had the exact same error, per these message boards, and you provided an identical response, so I am not the only one having this problem.

Thank you for the help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @UserSince2003

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would next recommend creating a test file, this will help isolate the issue further. Please go to File > New Quicken File...

Once in the test file please attempt to add the FedLoan accounts to this test file. Do experience the same issue in a test file?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dpalma
    dpalma Member
    No issues at all. It worked
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited January 31 Accepted Answer
    Hello @dpalma

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of the test. If you are able to connect in a new file and not in the original file, this usually points to the issue being related to the data file itself.

I would return to the starting or original file and run the validate utility from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Validating the file worked for me. Thanks!
  • dpalma
    dpalma Member
    Worked for me too. Appreciate all the help. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.