Quicken Web transactions didn't Sync with Desktop copy

I suppose I'm disappointed with Quicken Web. We had to leave, unexpectedly, for a week so I made sure the Quicken Web was sync so I could use that avenue to enter transactions while we were gone. 

Maybe my understanding of the Web is wrong but shouldn't I expect the Web and my Quicken file that I use on my desktop to sync? 

Transactions that I entered on the desktop copy before I left never synced to the web (and I ran the sync before I left, just to make sure). And the balance for my Savings account was wrong. I never did figure out why, it was $600 lower than the bank and my desktop copy. All the transactions I entered on the Web while I was gone never made it to the desktop copy. 

So again, is my understanding of the sync option wrong?

At this point, it doesn't matter. I have all the transactions entered, I hope. 

And, I probably won't trust the Quicken Web in the future. Seems useless at this point. 

Greg  :(

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Greg Semple

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue and provide your feedback although I apologize that you had a poor experience with the web application.

When you sync your Quicken data file to the Quicken Cloud, you'll have access to your accounts from your mobile device or on Quicken on the Web.  I apologize that this was not your experience.

Further troubleshooting is required to isolate the issues that you encountered with syncing. If you decide to attempt to use the web or mobile application in the future and encounter problems or need assistance with the initial setup, please let us know.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka,
    Frankly, I'm not sure where to begin. I don't think it is that complicated to setup and run, but I had a poor experience with the whole thing. If there is a link in your FAQ that I should read, please let me know. 

Greg
  • Hopegrad
    Hopegrad Member
    I am experiencing the same issue: Quicken Web does not update transactions I enter to Quicken Windows. I have been experiencing this for approximately one month.
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭
    Hopegrad said:
    I am experiencing the same issue: Quicken Web does not update transactions I enter to Quicken Windows. I have been experiencing this for approximately one month.
    I had so many issues there was no way they were going to troubleshoot the problem. In one respect, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with issues. The whole process seems very simple, but some how it is a mess right now. 
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭
    I reset my cloud data. I just checked the web file and if finally had my account balances correct, which they weren't before. I'll try a few transactions and see if they sync up together.